This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Skipping HS/PE1, HS/PE2 : Head dominant moves

Started by Naxels, April 10, 2013 · 3 Replies · 374 Views

Naxels

Because of an injury I suffered as a child involving my head,

It's very hard for me to do the Tripod HS/PE1 and Headstand HS/PE2

 

Now however I do need the mobility moves HS/PE1>iM and HS/PE2>iM

 

I know for mastery skipping is not allowed, however I must skip these stages.

 

Any suggestions as to how to progress and keep the mobility in?

 

I'm about to try HS/PE3 but I think mobility 1,2,3 is a little much in 1 set

 

Thanks

piotro

Skipping is allowed if you have medical condition that causes issue, at the end of the day you want to train well and hard, but not to hurt yourself. Here I would rather suggest don't take risk when head is involved. Maybe there are some aux exercises you could do instead, but this is a subject where doc/physio should advice knowing the nature of your injury.

Definitely do mobility, I would say just follow typical cycle with mobility exercises, just without those head exercises, couple of sec break instead in between those iMs.

Cole Dano

One way, though it's best if someone shows you how to set it up, is to do those moves with your shoulders supported on two chairs with your head in-between.

 

Here's an almost overly detailed video showing the set up.

 

 

This is also great for releasing the upper traps.

Naxels

Thanks piotro and Cole!

 

That youtube video is what I'll try and see if it works :)

that would get me back in the Handstand One program :)