I think I will spend a lot of time on HS/PE1>IM (my shoulder ROM is horrendous) meaning I will spend a lot of time on HS/PE1 (tripod). Resting my knees on my elbows creates too much leverage, and it hardly feels like a work out. Is it cheating if I lift my knees off of my elbows without extending my legs all the way up (otherwise it would then effectively be HS/PE2)?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
"Cheating" on HS/PE1
Started by Kiyu, April 10, 2013 · 3 Replies · 311 Views
![]()
Not if nobody knows... ![]()
I know it's frowned upon, but I just went ahead and started doing PE2 in this case and do both the PE1 and PE2 iM's afterward with it. I just couldn't see where the lack of PE1>iM could possibly hurt me in moving the single step from PE1 to PE2 in this case. I'm still working iM1 mind you - not neglecting it - but just doing a slightly more advanced PE element for mental sanity's sake. I don't plan on progressing to PE3 until both iM's are mastered though, so this is a one-time deal for me personally.
I think it is not the correct way to go.
I was on the same situation: I thought that iM1 would be so hard and I would put so much time on "tripod". What could I do. Tripod? Almost a joke for not a newbie nor a advance on HS training, and I post my doubts here in search of answers.
The answer was by Nic Branson:
5x60 is a nice little theme for many of the balance drills. Enjoy
So, I think it is the logic pathway. Get used to 5x60, even at tripod, because it will be the scheme for the vast majority of HS PE mastery.
Besides, tripod may be little difficult if you are focus enough to pulling scapula up (like in a HS), contract your glutes, etc etc. So, even is easy, it is like build balance starting with the minimal expression.
You've to remember that you're stuck on PE1 because your mobility (and mine, few weeks ago) it is an issue that you've to fix.
Go to it!