This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ABH form check

Started by Tomas Johansson, April 9, 2013 · 9 Replies · 456 Views

Tomas Johansson

This Foundation quest has been a lot of pride swallowing so far. "Mastered" ABH PE1, backed down from PE2 to PE1 week 5, did that for a minicycle. Now backing down to PE1 week 1.

 

What I show in the video is my current max effort, I can't get my poor old back any more arched at the moment even if I try, hope I will be able to handle week 1 with this form.

 

Oh, and about the feet, it's about as much pointed I can get them even if I sit on them. Sitting on them in karate practice back in the days was always a big pain.

 

Do you think that this would pass as a ABH? 

 

Flameous

Great thing is that now you have a recording. Take another one after your minicycle, again with maximum effort and see if you have more arch. Then you know if you should start from the start again.

It seems quite acceptable to me, but it's very much possible you find even 10cm more rom for your feet.

Adriano Augusto

The same degree of flexibility on your lower body (compared to your upper) and you'll be ok :D

 

It's hard my friend. I think many of us can telling you.

Somalie

I was taking video of this form as well and my niece jumped on me and started yelling yeehaw. I still held it lol.

Tomas Johansson

My new ABH max. I think this will have to represent my max ROM for now and I will start to work the volume and see if it can be increased once I reach 5*60s.

 

dritar

Looks good to me. Hows your breathing when you do this hold ?

 

I'm repeating a mini-cycle, and I'm at 4x36 and they were still very hard.

 

This hold is making me suspect that Coach somehow mixed up the order of the SL exercises. That and that 5x60s ABH with good ROM is starting to sound like a more impressive feat than a planche :).

Tomas Johansson

Breathing is no problem yet since I'm on the first minicycle. My main problem is tight hips and quads so I try to stretch them a bit before I do the exercise and when I do the hold I focus on tightening my glutes and hamstrings.

Jon Douglas
Tomas Johansson said:

Breathing is no problem yet since I'm on the first minicycle. My main problem is tight hips and quads so I try to stretch them a bit before I do the exercise and when I do the hold I focus on tightening my glutes and hamstrings.

Doing your FL backbend work beforehand can help with this :)

prinny

Looks good to me.  Would've been funny if what happened to Somalie happened in the video too  :lol:

Julian Wilson

I envy you. Nice work.