This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mixing in some BB

Started by Robmob, April 8, 2013 · 6 Replies · 68 Views

Robmob

I love the f1 stuff and all the things we got in the seminar,however could someone help me to add in some Body Building exercises?

What im looking atm is that my week splits have most muscles in one day (RC,Dip,Fl,Pl), is it possible to split them up so it would look like this

 

Monday: Bicep/Tricep: RC,Dip and bench,tricep extension,curl,preacher curl

 

Wednesday: Core: Pl,Fl,Manna,SL

 

Friday: Legs: SLS,Calf Raises and squats,rope jump

 

If i dont do something like this my routine would stack up too high,basically

Monday/Friday:RC,Dip,Pl,Fl,Bench,tricep extensions,curl,preacher curl

and you have to consider that the Gymnastics training is high volume. 


I loosely based the split I want to do on this article

 

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/6-weeks-to-sick-arms.html

 

If anybody knows better exercises to build mass then please tell me, and the same can be said for a better routine, I just made mine on the fly

 

Thanks


 

Joshua Naterman

Bodybuilding style training templates don't mesh well with more neuromuscularly complex work, so taking this kind of approach will probably make your progress in the Foundation elements slower.

 

I think you will have more success with what you are turning away from. You just have to control the total volume.

 

You're stuck thinking that if you don't do multiple sets of each exercise that you won't get good results, but the truth is that if the MUSCLES don't perform multiple sets then you won't experience your best hypertrophy.

 

Working out 3x per week vs 1x per week on your body parts is as or more effective if you are not over-doing the volume, and also getting the nutrition that you need (which is important no matter what, especially for hypertrophy).

 

Your hypertrophy is going to be more of a function of your nutrition than your exercise, but your progress in GST is going to be a much more even mix, because you're learning successively more complicated movements.

Robmob

Im not all that bothered about how much weight i would use in the other exercises since gymnastics is much more important for me. However I just want to experience more hypertrophy. To understand where Im coming from here an analogy; I used to do Close Grip Curls (supplemented to the RC), which would kill my biceps, however growth didnt really happen till I added in some curls.

I understand what you are saying about F1 providing the stress my muscles need, however I would really like some more exercises, especially for arms and legs. Is there anything I can do to do these on extra days or something?

I have ramped my nutrition since the beginning of the cycle,since september ( i have had the longest cycle ever due to health problems) i have gained 6 kilos of mostly lean mass.

And ultimately; I didnt understand what you meant with me not needing more sets but the muscles.

Thanks for the speed reply

Robmob

I just watched some of your videos on youtube and you are seriously strong and bulked up, do you have a background in weights or is it always just gymnastics, I mean if you got that big from just gymnastics then I dont want to change my routine lol

Great videos

raja

I would suggest adding some sort of weighted bilateral squat.

 

Also, you should be training each movement atleast twice per week. Remember, movements are skills and not just independent qualities (strength, coordination, etc.).

 

What you outlined was basically a bent arm/straight arm/legs split, which works very well. 

Robmob

So since there are two different views, what should I do?

Sam Carr

I have  been doing F1 4 days a week and a bb type workout right after (no F1 on squat day tho) with good results. It takes me about 2 hours to do everything. My progress in F1 seems slower than before but I think it has a lot to do with the 15 lbs i've gained over the last 2 months. F1 helps the weight training bb stuff too with all the mobility drills so it seems to be working well. Note that I do eat 7 meals a day (1 every 2.5 hours) and am exhausted unless I get 10 hours of sleep.