Are We Prisoners of Our Own Low Expectations?

Started by Coach Sommer, April 5, 2013 · 17 Replies · 8,194 Views

Coach Sommer

What is possible when in the depths of our bones we refuse to accept our own limitations? 

 

Over the course of my career I have had the opportunity to work with more National Team members, National Champions, Olympians and Olympic level coaches than I can count; truly the best of the very best.

 

However the following is one of the most inspirational physical accomplishments I have ever seen.

 

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas

Indescribable. Thanks for sharing that link.

 

 

 

And if anyone needs me, I'll be training.

Micawberian

Thanks for sharing, Coach! Very motivating indeed, and I'm happy for that man and his ability to overcome life obstacles.

Though, post rock music tends to exponentially multiply the inspirational quality of videos. We're so blessed that Joseph Goebbels did not have his hands on some quality Sigur Ros albums.

Alessandro Mainente

i don't have words...

when i see these people smile...i'm watching a miracle

Stephen Greer

Being a PT, this serves as great inspiration to work hard not just for myself, but also for my patients. Motivation is vital - without it, you might as well hang your hat up.

SuperBru

Wow!!!! That brought a tear to my eye. I was speechless throughout the entire video. If thats not proof that nothing is impossible then I don't know what is.

Kiyu

I teared up when the mother was talking about her son.

Iguanus

Thanks for the input, coach. Gotta get some of this momentum on my own path =)

Brent McQuirk

wow that made me cry.....and I dont cry!

Guest

Thanks for sharing!

Cole Dano

Also goes to show how important it is just to be supportive.

 

I certainly owe a debt of gratitude to all the awesome people at the first seminar I went to that made me want to keep going on.

Adriano Augusto

I saw the video the other night and I knew it that it would be posted here by someone. When I discovered Coach's Note I knew that was this.

 

This things makes you live and training hard. Like alex87 says, little miracles in a disaster world full of "I can't"

 

There's no excuses, period.

 

Not much to say. The video speaks to itself.

 

Thanks community.

 

Greetings from Spain.

DonGray

Amazing! Thanks for sharing coach.

Bipocni

.... that kids better than i am.

Mats Trane

Coaches heading of the post sums it up very well!

Nick123

wow!!! after watching this i really have no excuse!!! Time to continue to work on my planche!!!

Guest

This really warms your heart..

I saw this video a while ago as well... Very inspiring

Joshua Naterman

Wanting to help people accomplish things that the rest of the world, or maybe just their friends and family, or maybe just that little voice in their head, tells them is for people who are luckier, stronger, shorter, thinner, wealthier, blacker, whiter, or whatever else-er... that's why I try to help everyone so much.

 

The way the coach approached Rooster... that is how everyone should be, in my opinion.