This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090116

Started by Coach Sommer, January 16, 2009 · 7 Replies · 2,568 Views

Coach Sommer

FwnbE7hHsEU

Perform three sets of the following:

Wide grip MU, Bulgarian Dip, forward roll to support, Bulgarian Dip, forward roll down to hanging L, Crank, Reverse Crank

3x5 Body Levers

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

notes

If the wide grip muscle-up erform the hardest muscle-up variation that you are currently capable of.

The forward to support is the second skill shown in the video clip above.

If you are unable to perform the forward to a support; perform half a forward roll to a hang, stand - regrip and then perform a muscle-up back to a support position.

Adjust the body position as needed during the Crank.

Adjust the body position as needed during the Reverse Crank. The Reverse Crank is found on page 146.

If the above ring strength series is too easy for you, please share the series that you performed.

A listing of the GB Acronyms is found here.

Brendan Sonnichsen

That ring series was fun! I hadn't done the bulgarian dips before.

My forward roll to support is still pretty loose - I nearly hit full extension before muscling up. Cranks were in tuck position.

Body levers... I used a bench for this - is it possible to do them correctly on a bench? I felt like I was in a solid hollow position... however, the advanced tuck position felt way more difficult than the pike position - I must have messed that up. Does anyone have photo/video of a piked body lever?

matthew.percussion

Body levers don't really work piked. It requires much, much less strength, because you are bringing your weight closer to your hands with a pike than in a tuck/adv. tuck etc.

Nobodystopsdblob

Perform three sets of the following:

Wide grip MU (high pull up, low dip, one negative through transition) , Bulgarian Dip, forward roll to support (no), Bulgarian Dip, forward roll down to hanging L (tuck) , Crank (tuck), Reverse Crank (tuck).

3x5 Body Levers

off bench butt on edge

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

Neal Winkler

I can't believe I was actually able to do the forward roll!!!

Coach Sommer

Supratank,

Nice effort. Overall well done, however there are a few points I would like you to consider:

1) During the Bulgarian Dips, your hands have a tendency to stray out from underneath the elbows at the bottom of your descent. Remember that at the bottom of this movement there should be two 90 degree angles; one between the upper arm and the torso and one between the upper amr and the forearm.

2) During the Crank, you attempted to perform it straight bodied and therefore failed to reach full extension. My recommendation in the future is to perform Cranks with another another body position that will allow you to completely open the hips during the front lever portion of the Crank. Also, focus on extending the Crank horizontally rather than upward at an angle.

3) You forgot the Reverse Crank!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Walt Peacock

Thanks Coach, I will definitely work on those issues.