This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 results so far ( very pleased! )

Started by KingJR, April 4, 2013 · 12 Replies · 974 Views

KingJR

Well, just because I'm extremely happy and surprised at my "tests" today. I just thought I'd post about it just for the people who might STILL be on the fence about getting foundation 1.

 

Today, I tested some stuff just for fun at the end of my workout to see if I would see a improvements in my form. Here they are:

 

Seated Muscle ups: previously I could do them, but needed momentum to basically pull me up, and even then I could only do like 2. Today I could do one with barely any momentum ( didn't go for reps, but clearly could have gone for several more ). I can see a HUGE difference. I'm very pleased!

 

Straddle FL: I used to always really pike at the hips, that problem seems to be gone as my legs are straight, and my hips level and not sagging in any way. This was also done right after a full BL. So basically I did a Tic Toc.

 

lastly, this weekend I was able to complete a full ROM handstand pupshup. While my form was most likely piss poor, it's still a milestone for me!

 

So I'm pretty psyched that I'm seeing extremely good results while still in foundation 1, even better, I'm still on the FIRST progression for most of the exercises, on week 8. I'll be kicking some major ass by the end.

 

Well...that's the end of my rambling! Happy training people!

phrak

What are your current F1 levels at? Have you mastered everything?

KingJR
phrak said:

What are your current F1 levels at? Have you mastered everything?

 

FL - PE1

sPL - PE1

HBP - PE3

RC - PE2

MN - PE1

SL - PE1

SLS - PE1

 

So basically on the first level on all but the bent arm stuff. But I had been training in the BtGB method for the previous 6 months before starting F1 when it came out.

Joel Tomkins

Have you been training F1 exclusively?

KingJR
Joel Tomkins said:

Have you been training F1 exclusively?

My current training overall consists of F1+H1 x4 a week, cardio x2 a week and Yoga x2 a week.

Joshua Naterman

PE1 for RC is extremely valuable.

Samui
Joshua Naterman said:

PE1 for RC is extremely valuable.

What about it so valuable? At least for my strength level the exercise just seem way too easy.

rynski

I see it as being valuable in teaching the basics of overhead resistance & allowing the body to lever whilst doing this. Think of what a straddle rope climb looks like....

Richard Hamilton

For me RC/PE1 is so valuable as it's allowed me to start activating the right muscles when rowing. It took me a while to get into it but it's really helping. :)

Francis Kim

RC for PE1, is helpful for me in concentrating using my hip flexors.

Andrew Tan

I agree, my Muscle Ups got better ever since i started F1, also i stopped doing what i was doing before this (which is Crossfit), which i think i got really overtrained from, so im just focusing on F1 100% with a 4 days/week program, and once a week do some flips at the gymnasium. I also got the Back Lever on the rings, which was a big surprise, didn't expect to get it that fast. I guess that Hollow Back Hold paid off, that exercise really sucks lol

Ravn
Andrew Tan said:

I agree, my Muscle Ups got better ever since i started F1, also i stopped doing what i was doing before this (which is Crossfit), which i think i got really overtrained from, so im just focusing on F1 100% with a 4 days/week program, and once a week do some flips at the gymnasium. I also got the Back Lever on the rings, which was a big surprise, didn't expect to get it that fast. I guess that Hollow Back Hold paid off, that exercise really sucks lol

Congrats on the back lever! However, be cautious about it. The back lever is relatively easy to get, but it's deceptive because it takes time to do it safely. I got a nasty brachialis-injury the first time i got the back lever - it came creeping up on me, and once I found out, it was too late. Had to take a long break, start all over from scratch, beginning with 5x30s of skin the cat. I think it took me 9-12 months to build it up to the point where I can now do it without screwing up my elbows. 

Flameous

RC/PE1 seems to mainly mock me for my weak grip strength. Or not even so weak per se since I can do half rom one arm pull-ups. But the endurance it takes to grip through the whole exercise (those stretches as rest aren't really helping) burns my forearms like nothing.

 

I've read that forearm and calf muscles tend to damage slower and repair faster which means you could keep higher volume with them. Is there anything to it? I'm mainly wondering if I should add some extra grip work to get me going.

 

Of course I could make it easier with chalk but that seems like cheating.  :)

 

Edit:

 

Had to come to gloat right away, thank you F1. I haven't done any vertical pressing apart from wall HS for month at least. I have never been able to push up from headstand. Some time back I was able to do a HeSPU but with bad arched back form and even then I wasn't able to stop in the headstand and then press back up.

 

Today for the first time, with a good hollow form. Couldn't finish it up since I did it freestanding but I got that 10cm clearance so if I had the stability, could easily finish it. 

And this was towards end of my workout, after full F1 and most of HS1, pressing up from held headstand.