This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fun with Xiaopengs

Started by George Launchbury, April 4, 2013 · 5 Replies · 397 Views

George Launchbury

Felt compelled to have a go at doing one arm forward Xiaopengs while doing one arm backward (and then swapping around for next set) while warming up yesterday.

 

Mainly hurt my brain. :)

 

Asides from that felt pretty good. I could already do the alternate direction arm circles thing no problem, but getting the palms facing the right way took a few sets !!

Art Vandelay

Haha try it in a busy gym, see how many looks you get.

 

Xiaopengs are one of my favourite exercises from F1. Awesome name too.

George Launchbury

It was a busy gym!

 

...however I got rather more looks while working through a set of deck squats with a touch of wind. Embarrassed I moved in to a side room for next few sets ...which was better apart from the echo. Must have sounded like I was rolling over a duck. :eek:

Jon Douglas

I tried this (the Xiaopengs, not the wind) the other day too. Good fun, but I feel the stretch isn't quite as good as doing them individually.

FredInChina

haha, very interesting, I had not thought of combining the two xiao peng :)

Jon Douglas

I stand by thinking that together they are not as good a stretch as individually, but doing them together was definitely a good warmup stretch for H1 day today :)