This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stuck at HS/PE2>iM

Started by Nautique163, April 3, 2013 · 9 Replies · 453 Views

Nautique163

I am currently stuck at HS/PE2>iM with about double shoulder width grip 5 lb bar.
My question is coach say to not proceed no matter how proficient you are at more advanced pe's And a shoulder width grip is the ultimate goal. Should I abstain from doing any handstand work till I reach a shoulder width grip before moving on witch may take awhile. Is 1.5 shoulder width acceptable in these early PE/im's and continue to work on them after moving on?

I'm doing the headstands paired with the mobility element and then doing some handstand work after I'm done .

Richard Hamilton

Nautique... it sounds like you feel frustrated you haven't mastered PE2>iM. I know where your coming from because I'll be doing PE1>iM for a very long time to come. You say you're 'stuck'... try not to think of it that way, it has a negative connotation. You're working on PE2>iM as that is what's challenging you at the moment :)

Coach says to master each PE so I'd work on perfecting PE2>iM before moving on. As for adding some handstands after your H1 session... it's not going to hurt... you just wont get the most out of it. Perhaps your time would be better spent doing more stretching and mobility work or maybe you could try a few fHeS's to get a feel for what they are like to hold in preparation for moving onward to PE3.

I could start working Wall HS as I can do them but I now realise my time is better spent on dedicated mobility stuff from F1/H1 and with the yoga I started doing 2 weeks ago. Personally... I'm really looking forward to the Stretch course coming out :)

In a nutshell what I'm trying to say is work with what you have at present and don't concern yourself with the future too much... it will happen! A 5x2min HS is yours if you follow the progressions provided by Coach :)

SuperBru

Theirs a stretch course coming out???

MvdB

Coach S. has hinted at a collaboration with Kit Laughlin. I'm looking forward to another great addition to an already very well-rounded programme!

Richard Hamilton

You may also want to have a go at this :)

 

Nautique163
Super Saiyan said:

Theirs a stretch course coming out???

I would pay dearly to get my hands on said stretching course !

Maybe if enough people would pre pay for it that it expedite the process . I doubt it ....just wishful thinking...

Richard thank you for the encouragement and the vid link I'm trying that stretch right now.

Jon Douglas

Just to keep you motivated, it's striking how much difference plugging away at basic PE/IME makes to a handstand. My handstands are hugely improved in time, quality, and most of all control from the past month or so, and I'm not even onto the bodyline elements yet.

 

Rest assured that time you put into specific handstand training later will be much better spent approaching it with a good foundation. This is time investing in later progress, not anything to be stuck on. Hold faith :)

Nautique163

Here is a video I think I attached of me doing pe2/pe2>Im also my headstand and wall handstand

Some thoughts on my form would be appreciated .

Link to YouTube if the attached vid does not work

trim.Judffr.MOV

Adriano Augusto

Here are my two cents Nautique:

 

- On HS1/PE2 or HeS, I think you're not in tripod at all due to you've your arms to wide creating a unstable support. Look at the athlete in the video doing the movement with his hands in front of him and not to the side. (I hope you understand me despite of language :D )

 

- PE3 looks fine but you've to clean that line because it is a little pike. Nothing that you can not practice on coming PE's :D

 

- Face to wall very clean.

 

- IM2 ummm...  :icon_twisted:

 

29pb3i8.jpg

 

When you're raising the bar your back it is not straight, like you see in the picture. Then you straight it, but you're wiggling too much!

 

Keep on it man. Slow progress is still progress!

Nautique163

Points very well taken thank you Adriano .. I will really work on keeping my back straight .