This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE6 minimum

Started by David Birchall, April 1, 2013 · 3 Replies · 260 Views

David Birchall

It says chin over the bar is the MINIMUM.  Would striving to keep it nearer the sternum carry over to MU much do you think?

Coach Sommer
David Birchall said:

It says chin over the bar is the MINIMUM.  Would striving to keep it nearer the sternum carry over to MU much do you think?

 

Yes.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane

Definetly. This is one of the things I did when I trained for muscle up. Pull ups on rings until the rings hit the middle of the chest, pause in this position and then repeat.

Jon Douglas

Using a doorway mounted pullup bar, I'm doing the hold until my forehead touches the wall above the door. As the holds get longer (48 -60 secs) I feel like this has the side benefit of making the hold more comfortable/stable too, taking the pressure off my arms and putting it on my shoulders/back.