This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hypothesis: Will HS/PE2>iM improve Muscle-ups?

Started by Ravn, April 1, 2013 · 1 Replies · 311 Views

Ravn

Recently got H1, and it's definitely great material.

 

Bumped into HS/PE2>iM, which I didn't master, and it revealed that my shoulders (specifically pecs and anterior deltoids?) are pretty tight. No surprises there.

 

When I perform "air"-transitions of the muscle-up, i.e. standing on the floor just performing the transition motion, but not actually holding rings or a bar in my hands, I can feel the same tightness when trying to move the upper arms from the vertical position (end of pull-up), to the horizontal position (beginning of dip).

 

This means that in addition to lifting my own weight when doing muscle-ups, I'm also fighting my own inflexibility.

 

Wouldn't it then be logical to assume that improving flexibility in this area, by mastering HS/PE2>iM and beyond, wil make muscle-ups easier? Would seem like a relatively easy way to increase the reps in muscle-ups.

 

Any thoughts?

E70
Ravn said:

 

When I perform "air"-transitions of the muscle-up, i.e. standing on the floor just performing the transition motion, but not actually holding rings or a bar in my hands, I can feel the same tightness when trying to move the upper arms from the vertical position (end of pull-up), to the horizontal position (beginning of dip).

 

I know what you mean. I feel the same sensation as well when trying muscle ups. I don't quite understand why, but it has helped for me.

Sometimes when you feel the same sensations in the same muscle area, coming from two or more different drills, you can apply the strength benefits to the one you are weaker on.