Just curious, for those of you who can perform OAC, how much dumb bell can your curl with one arm (as % of your bodyweight)?
OAC and bicep curl
Started by seiyafan, April 1, 2013 · 4 Replies · 18,531 Views
That doesn't relate much. I do 1 one arm pull/chin-up (hammer grip) with my left hand from ~ 170° extension, with my right from ~120°. With the left I curl 18%BW for 8 reps *super slow*, right 24%. My left shoulder, pectoralis, latissiumus are stronger.
There's already a thread on this.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/7317-oac-gains-in-bicep-curl/?hl=%2Boac+%2Bbicep+%2Bcurl
Thanks, that was what I've been looking for.
By the way, the following video inspired me for doing curl:
(2:40)
I'm very close to a OAC and can barbell curl about 40-50kg @ 70kg with strict form (not tried dumbell). The back and biceps have to work in good synchronicity to get the most force output for the OAC.