This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pull Up Strength And Form Following FL PE

Started by Somalie, March 31, 2013 · 4 Replies · 255 Views

Somalie

Hey guys was curious as to how the FL Series and other parts of the Foundation Series Will Contribute to the development and form of the Pull Up.

I figure that the pull up will be introduced in later foundation work, but will a full pull up ( to lower pectoral) be achievable if mastery in both Preceeding PE's and IM's are achieved?

Thanks.

Daniel Burnham

Think about this.  Do you think that a rope climb could be achievable for someone who doesn't have a pull-up?.  No.

Somalie
Daniel Burnham said:

Think about this. Do you think that a rope climb could be achievable for someone who doesn't have a pull-up?. No.

A rope climb is achievable with out a pull up. This really goes more towards proper and full ROM. Hence the reference towards the lower pectoral.

But your response does hold merit.

Thank You.

Daniel Burnham

Trust me by the time you have mastered rope climb a full ROM pullup will be no problem.

I do at least 15 for warmup every pulling day.

ausswe

The highest I can physically get with a pull up is about shoulder height unless I use a false grip. I can do 5 meter rope climbs in a straddle. Any further in the pull up without false grip and you have started the muscle up transition.