I've lost 25 pounds of fat in the last 4 months as measured by calipers (Dec 1st 2012 - Mar 31st 2013), & I've started F1 for 8 weeks (Feb 2nd 2013 - Mar 31st 2013).
I have noticed the following:
- occasional articular pain in the lumbar/pelvic area (level 3-5); it is not injury pain, but more like an old coupling starting to painstakingly move after years of being fused by dried grease. (years of efforts to keep this area immobile, as it is prescribed elsewhere to keep the lower back rock solid...)
- I also noticed a little bit of sciatic nerve pain in the right butt (level 2-4), hammie & calf from time to time in the morning, but nothing really alarming (on intense days, I took one NSAID and it helped; this happened 5 times). The sciatic nerve pain has not reoccurred in the last 3 weeks.
- Once in a while, an intense flash of pain (level 7-8) in the lumbar/pelvic area, more often while in bed and shifting position; once again nothing alarming, resetting the position and restarting the shifting move with the assistance of the arms prevent it from happening.
I think this is articular pain, but it could also be the small deep spinal muscle getting woken up, I don't know, to me it is very hard to say.
I am not worried (I actually think that this is the sign that something good is happening), but I was wondering if anyone else had noticed similar things happening, either after fat loss (I "heard" some articular instability could happen after fat loss), or after engaging in a new training routine involving increases in mobility?
Comments, sharing of experience, opinions, suggestions are welcome ![]()