Lessons Learned

Started by aiken54, March 31, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,070 Views

aiken54

Today I learned that you do a pullover by doing the pullup first THEN the actual pullover part. I hammered out about three in a row first try after learning this. I had been doing them with the leg raise first then the pull up into the roll over the bar. Boy do I feel like an idiot. 

 

I also learned today firsthand how much of a difference doing leg raises on stall bars makes. My max hanging (I did them on rings if that matters) is 16. That was about 4 months ago. Today I tried them on stall bars and got five before I hit failure. 

 

I also learned that the more strap length, the easier muscle ups are. 

 

Then I learned never to become complacent. After doing at least 100 handstand kongs in my time training them, I did one today off of a balance beam. It went fine. I did another one, but this time my lack of concentration showed when I hit my foot on the beam with quite a lot of force. It's not broken, but it is jammed pretty hard. Had I not planned on landing on my toes I would have definitely broken it. 

 

Today has been a day of many lessons. Hopefully someone else reads this and learns from my mistakes and misconceptions. Or maybe I'm just an idiot. I'm not sure :)

FredInChina

You are never an idiot for learning from mistakes; yours or other's for that matter. :)

Thank you for sharing your progress and experience.

raja

“A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether.†– Roy H. Williams

aiken54

I am helping people on their journey to wisdom. Maybe this post DID have a purpose :)