This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

XR in F-Series and sPL

Started by David Birchall, March 30, 2013 · 8 Replies · 463 Views

David Birchall

If it is assumed that there are 6 progressions in each book and F1 finished on Elevated Planche Leans, is it another 18 progressions to get to an Fx straddle planche?

 

(Elevated PL Lean)

PB Support

Tuck L Sit

L Sit

Frog Stand

Advanced Frog Stand

Tuck Planche

Advanced Tuck Planche

Straddle Planche

 

^I can only think of another 8.  It would be really cool... if the end goal was actually an XR Straddle planche?  In which case I could definitely think of another 18 progressions :D

Andreas

There might as well be some stuff like lowering into certain positions or pressing from one position to handstand etc. 

 

But don't worry, I'm sure we'll know exactly in a pretty short time and it's going to be great.

Cory Fair

The end goal is mastery of the 10s straddle planche. You'll see the new progressions soon enough.

Leo Trinidad

im still dying and enjoying F1 and F2 is coming out already... what a bummer.  :mrgreen:

Joshua Slocum
David Birchall said:

If it is assumed that there are 6 progressions in each book and F1 finished on Elevated Planche Leans, is it another 18 progressions to get to an Fx straddle planche?

 

(Elevated PL Lean)

PB Support

Tuck L Sit

L Sit

Frog Stand

Advanced Frog Stand

Tuck Planche

Advanced Tuck Planche

Straddle Planche

 

^I can only think of another 8.  It would be really cool... if the end goal was actually an XR Straddle planche?  In which case I could definitely think of another 18 progressions :D

 

If it were so easy to go right from advanced tuck to straddled, many more people would already have done it. My guess is that you will see multiple rounds of the tuck planche progressions, much the same way that H1 starts with 30s mastery of the handstand and builds from there. Other exercises might be handstand presses, L-sit walks, and assisted planches. 

Keilani Gutierrez
Hari_Seldon said:

If it were so easy to go right from advanced tuck to straddled, many more people would already have done it. My guess is that you will see multiple rounds of the tuck planche progressions, much the same way that H1 starts with 30s mastery of the handstand and builds from there. Other exercises might be handstand presses, L-sit walks, and assisted planches. 

I hope L-sit walks are incorporated and AG walks too. I can't move one step in L-sit but planks! oh man! those are so fun and feel so good when you've already started to work on protaction elements and feel the stability that the training has created :)

 

the other day my girlfriend and I went to the beach and I asked her if she'd wheel barrel me to the spot our friends were at for fun and I went at least 20-30yards(in the sand) when I remember distinctly not being able to go as far as 50 ft in my old thanksgiving turkey races in high school. 

 

edit:on grass.

Keilani Gutierrez
Zach Armijo said:

If you guys went to the seminars, you would have a much better picture of what is to come :P

...smooth move, Zach :P

Chris Moody

Don't you think back lever will be in the sPL progression? BtGB says "Proficiency at back levers will greatly accelerate future planche development."

Jon Douglas
Chris Moody said:

Don't you think back lever will be in the sPL progression? BtGB says "Proficiency at back levers will greatly accelerate future planche development."

I do, but it also has overlap with the lower back work in side lever progressions. There's a few of these ambiguities, will be interesting to see how it's all matrixed.