Tuck planche picture critique
Started by Gstring1, March 30, 2013 · 7 Replies · 2,153 Views
It looks like there is a slight bend in your elbows. Other than that it looks fine to me.
aiken54 said:It looks like there is a slight bend in your elbows. Other than that it looks fine to me.
I agree with the bend i need to straighten out my arms more
I am no expert, and it is hard to tell.... but I think that your back is arched and you have wings
​ (your shoulders are not protracted enough)
http://drillsandskills.com/images/articles/ballplanchs.jpg
But, to be sure, wait for someone with more experience and knowledge.
Everything looks good, just try getting a better hollow body
Yes, I agree with the protraction! I sorted this out myself by doing a push up, then pushing the shoulders down and moving into a planche lean while still actively pushing down. Just a small drill I did for myself. ![]()
If you have not read this
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/
Read it. It ALL about leaning. My major mistake in the beginning was that I "pushed" myself into tuck PL instead of Leander into it.
If possible make a video and try to wear a tighter shirt or even better no shirt at all. It's much easier to tell whats going on this way.
Mats Trane said:If you have not read this
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/
Read it. It ALL about leaning. My major mistake in the beginning was that I "pushed" myself into tuck PL instead of Leander into it.
If possible make a video and try to wear a tighter shirt or even better no shirt at all. It's much easier to tell whats going on this way.
I very much thank you for the showing me the article I have saved the whole page as a pdf and it is now a training resource thank you and after reading the article it has occurred I have been lifting into my tuck planches but i will now start back at square one and lean instead of push up