What's the protocol when one has mastered the pe but not the im for that exercise? I've run into this with cossack squats. 5x10 reps achieved on first attempt but I'm having to sit on a 3" block to complete twisting squats with proper form. Suggestions?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
pe vs im mastery
Started by killroy70, March 29, 2013 · 7 Replies · 475 Views
Do yourself and your joints a favour and continue with it until you have the mobility elements down.
H1 really drives this point home more than F1. It'll happen faster than you think, as long as you don't get greedy. Work to your comfortable limit (no cracks or pops, no effort face, *no pain*) and you'll be moving on in no time. You'll likely then be able to move on faster than you would have if you'd tried to forge on without hitting the mobility targets.
Edit;
Obviously I wrote assuming you don't have anything other than a lack of mobility preventing you from doing this correctly. That being the case, that stands.
The PEs and their iM's are irrevocably paired together. There is no forward progress until BOTH have been mastered.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Indeed.
I am happy to wait and get the mobility even though I am further ahead in my strength. It is humbling to go from a HeSPU to struggling to lift a 5lb bar overhead and past my ears. How much much easier will future strengthening be when I am not fighting against my stiff body!
That's pretty much what I figured - perhaps I'll add some weight to the cossack squats to further increase the strength effect while gaining ground on the twisting squats. I'm almost there, my second workout was much better than the first, though I'm probably a good 2-3 weeks from what would be considered mastery of the twisting squats.
I think I will be doing twisting squats for 6 months!
Ha! That's what I'm afraid of!