This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Extending a training cycle

Started by Michael S., March 28, 2013 · 6 Replies · 295 Views

Michael S.

Hi Community,

 

i have a 14 day vacation coming up i around 5 weeks, during which i will have very seldom the opportunity to train (and to be frank i dont really want to, i will travel around a lot and just want to focus on other stuff)

 

As im starting my third cycle next week, im thinking about extending the cycle and up the volume on week 4 and 5 and then take my 14 day vacation to deload and recover. Something like:

 

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 9

week 9

deload

deload

 

Afterwards i would start a regular cycle again.

 

What do you guys think?

 

Cheers,

Michael

 

 

 

Mark Collins

Looks good. Personally, I love exercising on my holidays as I am not fatigued from work and life. I have had some of my best workouts on holidays.

Peekay

Are you saying you won't be training at all on holiday? If so then i'd at least do a few mobility exercises when i get a spare few minutes.

FredInChina

Perfect! :)

Michael S.

Thanks for the feedback so far :)

 

Its not that i'll be completely inactive, i just dont want to be in a regular cycle which would make me look for opportunities to train everywhere (i know myself :) ) and would make loose focus on my vacation and just enjoying my trip.

 

Like  somebody said in a similar thread on the open forums, GST is a marathon, not a sprint... in years from now, when i'll will do planches and mannas and front levers and and... these two weeks (and some holidays to come) will have faded into nothing :)

N00dl3

I am in a similar senerio with my parents over from the States. As Peekay said make sure you are doing some mobility exercises. If you are short for time do the ones you are worst at!

Klaudius Petrulis

If I had little to no equipment I would do the basics, Squat, Pushup, Pullup, Lunge, etc.  You can get a pretty good routine done in 10 minutes like that.

 

There is also the option of including some F1 movements... which may be smart ;)