This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 course

Started by Marco, March 28, 2013 · 6 Replies · 311 Views

Marco

Hi I have buyed a Foundation 1 course... I train myself with this bodyweigh exercises from 7-8 month so I have developed a base of strenght.

I'm not be able to do a body arch/hollow for 5x60'' but I can do a more difficult exercises. The question is: why to do a resistance training (5x60'') if the gymnastic exercises requiring strenght and not resistance?

FredInChina

'caus the plan says so!

'caus Coach designed the plan.

'caus Coach knows what you need to be doing and are not! :)

pashamur

Arch and hollow are fundamental positions in gymnastics - in particular, proper execution of the arch/hollow positions teaches you about scapular protraction and retraction and works the core quite a bit. The main problem you see with people who follow do-it-yourself programs is imperfect form due to uneven foundations: hollow/arch holds are the beginning steps to learning the correct form on higher level exercises (my guess is that the "curl" of the back you get during a hollow hold is similar to that of the front lever - just that the hollow hold is significantly easier, and so is a good way to practice correct form)

Joshua Slocum
Marco said:

Hi I have buyed a Foundation 1 course... I train myself with this bodyweigh exercises from 7-8 month so I have developed a base of strenght.

I'm not be able to do a body arch/hollow for 5x60'' but I can do a more difficult exercises. The question is: why to do a resistance training (5x60'') if the gymnastic exercises requiring strenght and not resistance?

 

There are several good reasons to train the arch:

- You're working your core at the same time. Working both sides prevents muscular imbalance.

- A well conditioned lower back greatly improves your core stability.

- The arch is a fundamental body position. Training it builds your body awareness and kinsthetic intelligence. 

Klaudius Petrulis

Just because you can run does not mean you know how to run well, or walk well for that matter.

Nic Branson

Zach and others have it.

I have to add though that 7-8months of training does not a base make, it takes much longer to develop a strength base. Learn patience.

Crackalackahacka

Whenever I feel like skipping ahead, I first head on over to the mobility forum for inspiration ;)