Equipment needed for F1?

Started by Deetron, March 27, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,054 Views

Deetron

Hey Guys,

 

I have been looking into F1 a bit and think it might be a good fit for my fitness needs. I was jsut wondering If I needed any additional equipment to go through the exercises. I have access to a pull up bar at the gym and parralettes at home.

 

Thanks!

 

D

Joshua Slocum

In short, you will need a set of rings and a set of stall bars. Pretty much everything else can be substituted.

If you want to know more, there are several threads already which address this topic in depth. The search feature is your friend :)

Jason Dupree

Hey! Iv'e been doing F1, and can tell you just what you need to know!

 

The main thing you need is a floor, any floor, most of the exercises just use the floor!

But for other things, you will need either rings, or a bar of adjustable height (for the pulling exercises), as well as a way to raise your feet on those pulling exercises and the planche exercises. Further on in the program you will need a pull-up bar, and parallel bars or a dip station. Parallets won't be used in F1.

You will also need light weights (5-15 lbs) for certain mobility exercises.

 

I'd say this is a bare minimum, though you can do a whole lot with just a floor and improvisation.

 

I hope that helps! Good luck, F1 really is an awesome program!

Deetron

Thank you!

 

Yeah, I took a quick look around, didnt use the search though :facepalm:

 

Hmm rings and stall bars are going to be tricky for me.. I wish there was a gymnastics oriented gym nearby..

 

Thanks for the tips!

-MR

Rings are easy - you can just get a door pull-up bar and hitch your rings to it. Stall bars are a bit more challenging as they are expensive and require quite a bit of wall space. If money is the only issue, there are some threads here describing how people have built their own stall bars. For people with space limitation however, I have yet to see a good option for a standalone foldable stall bar option. My hope is that as more of us get closer to needing them, our creativity will get a boost and people will start devising of clever set-ups.