This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Suggestions for fixing HSPe2 bad form

Started by Iguanus, March 27, 2013 · 4 Replies · 337 Views

Iguanus

Hi there, folks. I made my first attempts on the HSPe2 today and heck... These are difficult. I couldn't even get my feet up the first time. Anyway, I managed to do 3 reps later on, but I think they had bad form:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smeGyT-D328

 

I think neighter my shoulders, arms or back have enough strength to do it by now. Is this right? How to proceed on this matter?

 

Thanks a lot!

Joshua Slocum

The form actually looks pretty good to me. There are some minor errors, but as long as you're conscientious about them, they should be fairly easy to iron out with time. It's hard to have perfect form when you're struggling just to hold the position. If you can hold that headstand for the assigned time/reps, then you should continue moving forward.

 

If you're unused to doing handstands, you should see some significant gains fairly quickly as your neurological system adapts to the new stimulus. 

Iguanus

Thanks for the input, Hari. Which mirror errors could you spot? From my perspective:

1) It looks way less inclined than the demonstration video;

2) Forearms should go back a little more to form 90 degrees arch;

3) Legs should adjust to form a proper line (note: remember to record next video shirtless, so that body line can be seem properly);

4) Upward movement should be smoothened reduce stress on the head.

Joshua Slocum

That's a good summary. Your body line is actually fairly close to the demonstration video. If you can correct that and the forearms, the hold should become much easier, since you'll have your body in a more stable configuration. 

Iguanus

Thanks. Hari. I will focus on that and see what happens one or two weeks from now!