My name is Mike ,
I need to hear someone with experience on this type of injury.
I need your help to establish a routine to get basic stuff.
I am 33 years old 6.0 190 lbs muscle
I was into Crossfit, weights and Olympic lifting and really in shape,.. I found challenge in gymnastics and loved it . I am working with a local gymnast ..
Well long story short, i was doing skin the cat on rings, which i done million times, i heard a pop.. F... me biceps rupture at the elbow.
I got a ruptured biceps, and are getting the strongest endo button single incision surgery.
I am deeply saddened how it happen..
I improved my flexibility, and everything else over the last year and was taking my time to learn control over the rings..
Well that is the short story.. Hard injury i would like to have a program how to come back and not let this happen again.
I am scheduled for surgery for Thursday, but my will tells me i should be able to master somewhat better than what i was.
I realize it will be some time before i get back on them, but I hope you give me help and guidance to avoid this in the future.
I seen some gymnast as Blaine Wilson comeback fast. Well I am not top gymnast never will be, but I would like to learn basic stuff and control.My skills were muscle ups i almost had controlled rings, I also tried on the bar..
., i had easily skin the cat , back lever , thats how far i got.
Handstand pushups against the wall up to 15 reps, was working on no wall support.
i played with the bucket and pummel horse on the floor etc.
please help me devise a routine and how to strengthen my biceps, to never lets this happen ..
I have no clue why it happen, didn't make a mistake or anything like . I was stiff that day I noticed.
I have the fear of rings now, but my will to do basics is greater. I just need guidance and how to avoid .
progressions etc.
I would like to know your personal experiences or someone you might now etc. I will be using a rice bucket to strengthen while rehab it..
Anything will help. Doctor says he is not sure, but i seen gymnast come back as Blaine wilson.
I know he is top gymnast, but am only looking for basics muscle ups, i never got the muscle up completely , i did skin the cat an basics..
Actually am really scared of skin the cat now.
Any word of wisdom would be nice.
Sincerely,
Mike S.