I have been doing an upper/Lower Split but now I feel like I need to move to a split setup to work on more advanced stuff. I noticed Killroy70 set his up in terms of planes of movement andI like that idea. He had 4 upper body days 1.vertical, 2.horizontal, 3.dip/curl 4. combined.
I dont know if I should set mine up that way or just have 2 upper days vertical and horizontal? I can easily have his first 3 days but I dont know about combined or multi-plane movements? They seem really advanced and not sure what I can do on that day.
Heres what I have so far...
D1: Upper Body Vertical Press/Pull
D2: Upper Body Horizontal Press/Pull
D3: Legs (Deadlift)
D4: Repeat Day 1?
D5: Repeat Day 2?
D6: Legs (Squat)
D7: Off/repeat
or I could do
D1: Upper Body Vertical Press/Pull + MUPs
D2: Upper Body Horizontal Press/Pull + Felges
D3: Upper Body Dip/Curl +
D4: Deadlift/Legs
D5: Repeat Day 1?
D6: Repeat Day 2?
D7: Repeat Day 3?
Based on 2 days heres what I have
DAY 1: VERITCAL PRESSING/PULLING:
Warmup 3 sets of Statics: HS, Lsit, PL, FL, BL, maybe EL
Press/Pull FBE: LSit to BA Stand / Assisted MuscleUps (3-4sets)
Press/Pull FSP: Free Handstand (Kick off Wall) / Straddle Back Lever (3-4sets)
DIP/CURL FBE: Russian Dips / Rope Climb or Assisted OA Chinups (3-4sets)
Dip/Curl FSP: L Sit on Floor / RTO Support (3-4sets)
Press/Pull FBE: HSPU/Pullups: Wall HSPU supersetted with Archer Pullups (3-4sets)Pr
Press/Pull FSP: Ring Shoulder Stand / Adv Tuck Back Lever (3-4sets)
DIP/CURL FBE: Russian Dips / Assisted OA Chinups (3-4sets)
Dip/Curl FSP: L Sit on Floor / RTO Support (3-4sets)
Press/Pull FBE: Barbell Press / FG Pullups or Weighted Pullups(3-4sets)
Press/Pull FSP: Bent Arm Stand on Parallettes / Tuck Back Lever/german (3-4sets)
DIP/CURL FBE: RTO Dips or Wtd Dips on Rings / Barbell Curls (3-4sets)
Dip/Curl FSP: Lsit on Rings / OAC Negative(3-4sets)
DAY 2: HORIZONTAL PUSHING/ROWING
PL PUSH/FL ROW FBE: Tuck PL Pushup on Rings / Adv Tuck FL Rows
PL Push/FL Row FSP Tuck PL Hold on paralettes / Straddle FL
OA Pushup/OA Row: Straddle OA Pushup / Straddle OA Row
Pushup/Row FSP: SA Frogstand / Adv Tuck FL
PL PUSH/ FL ROW FBE: PL Lean RTO Pushups Rings / Wtd Inverted Rows
PL PUSH / FL ROW FSP: Frogstand / Tuck FL
Pushup/Row: Incline Bench Press / BB Rows
Pushup/Row FSP: PL Lean/
Ring Flies
360 Pulls
Day 3: Deadlift/Leg Press, SLS/GHR + Swim
3-4 sets of FSPs HS, Lsit, PL, FL/BL.
Day 4&5: Either Repeat Day 1 or create a new Day one. Perhaps work on Felges or other moves as opposed to FBEs?
Day 6: Squats/Rung
3-4 sets of FSPs HS, Lsit, PL, FL/BL.