This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Parallel bar and ring supports ?

Started by MrPuppeh, March 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 194 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

Had a question about training the support positions as mentioned at the topic. 

 

I remembered someone saying this about parallel bar dips that you must have a decent support etc.

 

Is it ok if i train my parallel bar support with a goal of mastery 5x60 sec ? Or the plank variations and planche leans will cover that ?

 

Or maybe it will come later in the series?

 

Thank you :)

aiken54

I am guessing ring supports come along later. However, for the PB support, I believe the sPL and HBP progressions have that covered.

Joshua Slocum

Unless your HBP is greatly ahead of your sPL, I don't foresee this being an issue. Mastering planks and planche leans should give you a good enough PBar support to do dips.