This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

palleon86's training log

Started by palleon86, March 25, 2013 · 3 Replies · 6 Views

palleon86

I am finally starting a proper workout schedule thanks to F1 and HS1 so I though with that new beginning I will also start documenting my progress, thoughts, feelings, discoveries, etc.  I began in February with PE1 week 1 for everything.  

 

This post is a little longer than what I expect to be posting normally as it covers the first 6 weeks in my training.


SL/iM1 proved to be very awkward at first but after the first two weeks it became rather normal.

MN1 was not a challenge but was a bit tiring.  MN/iM1 was a complete disaster.  Three sets of five reps was completely exhausting and my ROM was abysmal.  After a few weeks I found on the forum that keeping an open chest was important and since my ROM has improved dramatically.  This week(week 6) the iM is getting pretty easy however MN1 itself has become very difficult.  Monday I failed my last two reps of my last set and Friday I failed the last rep of my third(of four) sets.  After reviewing the tempo of Coach's athlete, I found my tempo is considerably slower.  Next week I will go a little faster (and hopefully complete the workout).  If I fail, I plan to repeat the mini-cycle starting at week 5 again.

 

SLS1 is rather tiring.  That being said I have successfully completed each SLS until Wednesday.  My knee was hurting too much to do SLS/iM1.  I think that the reason my knee is hurting (mostly when walking and never with SLS PE1 is poor groin flexibility/mobility.  I have found that SLS PE2 done with partial ROM is enough to reduce the knee pain immediately.  

PL PE1 is tiring but not very.  The iM is one of my favorites and I think I will continue it for a while on leg days.  My ROM has increase substantially in just 6 weeks.

HBP PE1 is easy.  HBP iM1 however is causing some impingement in my right shoulder.  I thought I was done with that!  I will work on my scapular mobility whenever I have time.

FL1 is, as expected a tough one.  FL1 iM1 is absolute gold.  This is another mobility element I will continue with long after I am finished with it.

RC PE1 is the hardest element for me.  I have struggled with this element since the very beginning, however I have finished every workout.  Week 6 was 'completed' but I lost all control of my scapula on the last rep.  Today I get to repeat the workout and hopefully do a little better.

 

Thus far I have to say the mobility is great but as far as strength I will wait to say anything until the next deload or the end of the first 12 week cycle.  I remain very optimistic!

palleon86

WEEK 7

 

So far this week MN PE1 has continued to be a problem.  I failed my last rep of my last set and had to use momentum to finish it.  My knee felt better but not great for SLS/iM1.  My shoulder was hurting in maximal flexion during SL PE1. 

The combination of sPL PE1 and HBP PE1 was extremely taxing and the RC PE1 left my elbows 'sore' for a few days.  

 

I am looking forward to the deload week and will probably repeat this mini cycle for all of the exercises.

palleon86

This week is my first week of the new mini-cycle.  I have started at week 5 PE1 again for all elements.  The work outs have been actual work outs but nothing challenging.  I have not included RC in this mini-cycle as my elbow is still a little funky.

palleon86

After an illness and vacation I restarted the minicycle at week 5 again.  I took my first kickboxing class over the weekend and was mega-sore so redid week 5 (during week 6) and felt pretty good.  I am not sure that I will continue with the kickboxing.  I included RC PE1 and my elbow is feeling much better.  I will complete the PE with the 5 RM template and continue on from there.  I have also decided to cut way back on the drinking for my remaining time in Berlin.   :ph34r: