Frog Stand to Tuck Planche

Started by Heb, February 17, 2008 · 5 Replies · 4,512 Views

Heb

Hi everyone,

I finaly succeed in holding the frog stand during a complete minute, but I'm totaly unable to hold a tuck planche.

I must hardly stay one second with the feet off the ground, however I feel tension in the shoulders I doubt that one second is enough time to build strenght.

Would you have some advice or alternative exercice to improve at the tuck planche ?

Thank you,

Heb

Jason Ingram

Try tuck planches with your legs resting against the inner sides of your arms. This may help until you develop enough strength in your abdominals and hip flexors to hold a tight tuck.

George Launchbury

A friend of mine also managed a 0:60 tuck planche ...however it transpired that his hips were quite a bit above his shoulders, as were mine when self-spotting. When we spotted each others form, our performance suffered dramatically ...like down to about 0:10 for him. We were both surprised by how far out we were!

This might not be the case with you, but thought it might have been of interest?

Cheers,

George.

David Picó García

I was able to do almost 10 sec tuck planche with good form (max). Ido advice me to do frog stands but with straitght elbows, which is a totally different form bend arms. And also find that i can isolate my forearms (which i think is my week point) and biceps better than tuck planche, perhaps because i can hold that way 15 sec (not max hold).

So try the frog stand BUT with straight elbows.

Coach Sommer

Serotonin is correct. Over the years, I have found that advanced frog stands (a frog stand with straight elbows, but the knees are still resting on the arms) are often a necessary progression for non-gymnasts prior to beginning focused training on the tuck planche.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Heb

Thank you for your answers, i'll try the frog stand with straight elbows.