Just wanted to get some critique on my current progression for the manna.
Also, when attempting this on the floor, it seems virtually impossible to lift my glutes and legs off the ground at the same time. Any help here?
Middle Split.mov
Started by Hans Olson, March 22, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,801 Views
Just wanted to get some critique on my current progression for the manna.
Also, when attempting this on the floor, it seems virtually impossible to lift my glutes and legs off the ground at the same time. Any help here?
Middle Split.mov
Try to retract your shoulders a little bit more in the hold.
With regards to lifting the glutes and feet at the same time: I never really understood the reason why it is recommended. For me the end position feels the same regardless of whether I lift my feet and glutes one at a time or simultaneously. If you're having trouble lifting both at once, try this, which is what I do:
-Before lifting your glutes off of the floor, think about lifting your feet enough to make them 'weightless', yet not enough to pull them off the floor altogether.
-While maintaining the weightlessness in your feet, lift your glutes off the floor. If you successfully maintain the weightlessness of your feet, the should lift up simultaneously.
Hari_Seldon said:With regards to lifting the glutes and feet at the same time: I never really understood the reason why it is recommended. For me the end position feels the same regardless of whether I lift my feet and glutes one at a time or simultaneously.
Hari: I think the reason for this cue is to learn to push the hips forward even though the end position is the same.