This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check for HS/PE3 + iM

Started by HamdiC, March 22, 2013 · 6 Replies · 260 Views

HamdiC

Set number three of HS/PE3 from today plus the iM. Any critique would be most appreciated.

 

Looking at the video I see that I'm moving alot, and I know that's because I constantly am trying to get my body line correct, not arch the back, get the posterior pelvic tilt, but also keep my feet in line with my hips and head. I wonder if I should just concentrate on keeping it locked in one position (even if it may be "wrong")?

 

Regarding the iM: I have a feeling if when doing it one should concentrate on not arching back and pulling the ribs down (as I don't do)?

 

Rachid Tahri

I think at this stage the ppt is not that important since it will be adressed later on in the course. With the mobility drill you are hyperextending (going too far back), which means that you should narrow the grip a little bit more such that you cannot go that far back.

Overall it looks just fine. Hope this helps!  :)

HamdiC

Thanks Rachid! I'll try narrowing the grip the next time for the iM. So the range of motion should be that the arms go just past being above the head?

Rachid Tahri

Yes indeed!

-MR

I'm no expert, however from what I remember reading in posts regarding HS/PE1>iM, you're externally rotating your shoulders in order to get your arms back, which is not what I think we're supposed to be going for (though the athlete in the video does externally rotate a little).

 

My understanding is that you want to narrow your grip and focus on shoulder flexion without rotation; according to Nic you should be feeling this in your traps more than anything else.

 

Unfortunately, this may also mean that you're not as far ahead as you thought in your shoulder flexion mobility, and that you may need to go back to HS/PE1>iM.

 

I hope this helps for now. Hopefully someone who knows more than me can chime in.

HamdiC

Thanks -MR. Food for thought. I'll try what you say and post another video of it.

 

I wonder if anyone else might chime in about this as well. I mean it seems to be a truism that if the exercise in question SEEMS to come really easy, you're probably doing it wrong!

 

I actually am doing all sets of the PE1 and PE2 imtegrated mobility exercises (as well as 1 set of each PE exercise) as part of my HS warm-up and even on some rest days as well (only the iMs). 

HamdiC

Here's a video of sets number 1 and 3 from yesterday's workout of HS/PE3>iM.

 

Any better? I narrowed the grip and concentrated more on not allowing that rotation in the shoulder (although there still is some, as there is in the offcial video, so I guess I'm still confused about how much rotataion there should be).