This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hinge Row RC/PE1 Focus Points vs Video

Started by dynamo, March 21, 2013 · 4 Replies · 344 Views

dynamo
The Focus Points say:

 

1) Begin with the glutes and shoulders just off the ground

 

2) Allow the hips to hinge as you pull hands to shoulders

 

; however it looks like the guy in the video has his glutes on the ground and just does a hip hinge pulling his hands to his shoulder.

 

If I am seeing the video wrong I apologize.  If I am describing the video correctly, then is it ok to do these like the guy in the video or do my glutes need to be just off the ground throughout the whole movement?
Klaudius Petrulis

Glutes should be off the ground on the start and may touch the ground at the end of the exercise. I did this exercise with glutes off the floor for the entire movement and it's quite tough. Glutes don't have to be high up either. You can 'skim'. Also check your ring height.

dynamo

I'm working on mastering these (5X15) with my glutes off the ground using the 15 rep mastery template.  I started doing them with more of a lower back hinge than a hip hinge, but I think I'm getting the hang of the hip hinge.  This PE is definitely tougher with the glutes off the ground.

Andrew Tan

question, is it possible for me to use the TRX for this exercise?

FredInChina

yes, no problem :)