This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hollow Rock skin abrasion

Started by Cannister, March 21, 2013 · 7 Replies · 208 Views

Cannister

So - slightly embarrassing topic here but oh well - 

 

After ramping up my bent Hollow Body Rocks to 5x60 over the past few weeks I've been developing a fairly painful abrasion on the skin around my tailbone.  I don't know the exact cause but when I'm rocking it seems that some of my skin (between the top of "the cheeks") is getting rolled over on and rubbing against other skin.

 

First of all - has this happened to anyone else (or do you know of anyone that this has happened to?) and if so - any solutions?  It's quite painful some days and really makes my FL/PEs extra dreadful.

Jon Douglas

I had this-- or something very similar-- at first. It simply went away when I put more time into the hollow holds-- primarily improving the pelvic tilt (felt like over-compensating at first) and using ass-tension to roll smoothly onto my lower back when going that way.

 

EDIT;

This wasn't 'abrasion' like a carpet burn for me, felt a little at first like I was almost bruising the tip of my tailbone and nearly discouraged me from pursuing it at all, but is now entirely gone.

Christian

Got this from manna PE2, quite bad in the beginning. Got better after a while.

Hercules

For me it's on my back if my shirt becomes untucked. Then my shirt rolls up my back while I slowly edge forward. I end up a foot or more further down. I've had to restart a few times because i've edged forward in to a wall.

Jon Douglas
Hercules said:

For me it's on my back if my shirt becomes untucked. Then my shirt rolls up my back while I slowly edge forward. I end up a foot or more further down. I've had to restart a few times because i've edged forward in to a wall.

On that note, I do find myself moving backwards gradually when I get start to breathe a bit heavily during the rocks. Around 30 I have to quickly reset myself, fast as I can so as to not break my rhythm ^_^ can't wait to be able to train outside again.

Cannister

well good to know that I'm not alone on this one.  I suppose that it'll just be one more thing keeping me super honest on form.

 

Gotta remember to have plenty of "ass-tension."  Quality choice of words, Charm - haha.

Jon Douglas

Ass-tension solves more problems than you might initially think.

 

I also just oddly like the word 'ass.' It sounds to me less crude than how we say it. Like a kids naughty word ^_^

FredInChina

Nothing that a little vaseline won't help... :D

 

Seriously though, if the skin is broken, take care of it to prevent infection; clean your mats too with some desinfectant soap.