Hi guys
I have an anatomy exam coming up which consists of joint, bone and ligament palpations and gym training. I have heard from a couple of the guys who have taken the exam last year that if i condone an exercise with a fully locked joint,e.g like the end phase of a pull up (hanging with fully locked elbows) i will fail!!
What i am saying is, even though i know that straight arm strength training is an essential for gymnasts and has incredible benefits, i need to be able to explain the science behind it.
so here are my questions:
1. How exactly does straight arm training and eccentric loading of a muscle (planche hold and lowering phase of a bicep curl) target the biceps tendon more than a concentric movement (bicep curl) ??
2. When it comes to doing straight arm strength training, how big is the danger of wear and tear on the joint capsule??
I'm sure this is gona be an easy and probably obvious one to answer, but outside opinions are what make this forum an awesome site.
Cheers all