Hello everyone.
I've been using GBT program for a while now, but only recently I've started to think about following a decent diet. It’s not like I was eating completely random food all the time but it wasn't a strict diet. After surfing this forum and other internet resources for quite some time I decided to go with the Paleo diet. I completely stopped eating all kinds of so-called junk food (well to be honest I wasn’t eating a lot of it, just maybe only few times a month here and there), cut on grains (eating them only for breakfast, well that’s already not a quite Paleo approach but I couldn't think of an equal replacement), started to eat decent amount of fresh salads combined with fruits, different kinds of nuts and also eating sufficient, well I hope so, amount of meat, mainly chicken breast and fish (such as salmon and tuna). However, today I decided to count my calories intake and I was quite shocked of how low it actually is. I’m 176 cm tall and my weight is 75 kg. So what I counted was around 2000 kkal at best and according to T-Nation article for a person like me it should be around 3200 while active training . So I looked closer. Like someone mentioned on this forum earlier that it’s a good thing to start with 1,5g/kg protein and about 4g/kg carbs and get the rest from fats. I can hit protein requirements quite easily but to do so with carbs seems like a challenge for me. Paleo diet suggest that you don’t eat carbs like grains/beans/potatoes but those look like the main sources of carbs, vegetable-wise. Should I start eating them too or maybe eat more fruits which are rich in carbs (despite the fact that most resources suggest eating more vegetables instead), or just eat even more regular vegetables, cause, as I said before, hitting that 300g carbs bar seems kinda hard for me at the moment. Well even if I manage to do so then I’m going get 450kkal from protein and 1200 kkal from carbs but this leaves me with 1550 kkal to go. It means that I should get the rest from fats and it looks like I need to consume about 170g of them. Isn’t this too much? (Let’s assume that I’m getting them from good fat food like fish, nuts, oils and such).
P.S. I don’t want to follow exactly the Paleo diet it was more like a starting point for me.