This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 & MN/PE1 + iM mastery form check

Started by spyro7800, March 20, 2013 · 12 Replies · 489 Views

spyro7800

Hey guys,

 

can you please check my form on these 2 exercises and their mobility elements.

 

I recorded 5th set of each in mastery week (Week 11).

 

In MN/PE1, one rep in the middle was very sloppy so I did one more at the end(totally 16reps), oh and in the beginning my pants were kind of hitting me to my back :) so I was moving them on first 2 reps :) lol

 

In MN/PE1>iM I tried to bring my legs more together and touch my hand not only straight down but also more behind in between legs.

 

In SLS/PE2 - I also included side view, just to be sure.

And twisting squats improved. I had problem with this movement, but only in one minicycle it improved rapidly. Today I did first time 10 reps in each set.

 

I am definitely gonna run SLS/PE2 cycle again to smoothen twisting squats. And I don't know about MN/PE1 :) will see what you guys say :)

 

Thanks :)

 

 

 

spyro7800

anyone? :/ I am especially curious about the form on SLS/PE2, I am not sure if I go low enough...

Cole Dano

Twisting squats look good, but you need to think of sitting in a legged deep squat position on SLS/PE2. Hamstrings will rest against the calf for a moment.

FredInChina

Not bad spyro7800. :)

 

Yes, cossack squats need to go lower as compared with the course video.

The windmills need to go lower too, you are missing out on the best part of the ROM ;)

You have good compression on the tuck ups, but starting rep 11, you look a bit tired.

 

Someone else will have to chime in and say if this constitutes mastery or not. :)

Peekay

I don't think you're rotating the dumbbell enough in the windmills. But the tuck ups look nice and controlled  :)

spyro7800

thank you guys, I will run each one more cycle :) its not like I am in rush to start MN/PE2 :) 

 

I hope my ankles will let me go deeper in SLS/PE2 :)

 

In windmills I think I was going low enough, its just bad camera angle maybe...my upper back is lower than my butt :) doesn't matter :) one more cycle to improve...currently I use 4kg weight...should I add more???

palleon86

Point number two in MN/PE 1 is:

2) Lay down completely flat in between repetitions

To me that means that the lower back should have contact with the ground.  In the first two reps, there was definitely an arch.

spyro7800

I understood it as you should completely reset between reps.....someone should clarify

spyro7800

alright so I tried to do the SLS/PE2 with better ROM. I hope now its ok. Still was able to do 5x10r.

I noticed that I lean more when I squat with my left leg. I will try to correct that.

PS: Side view is at the end

Oh I also noticed that athlete points his hands little higher and to the middle - so I will do that as well

Geoff

Something I noticed about the windmills is that you do not keep your eyes fixed on the weight when you come back up. Something else I noticed is that your feet are next to each other when you begin, whereas the athlete in the MN/PE1>iM video has them positioned differently: The leg opposite the shoulder carrying the weight is one step forward with toes pointed forward and the other leg is one step sidewards with the toes pointed about 90 degrees (!! I always thought it was 45 degrees!) outwards.

spyro7800

yeah I thought I suppose to look in front of me at the top and than look at the weight during movement. Will fix that.

 

But I don't understand what you are saying with the stance....It is just different video angle. That is why one leg looks like to be in front .

spyro7800

alright, I recorded new video of windmills today. Hope this is better angle. I can't really go lower.

 

Geoff
spyro7800 said:

yeah I thought I suppose to look in front of me at the top and than look at the weight during movement. Will fix that.

 

But I don't understand what you are saying with the stance....It is just different video angle. That is why one leg looks like to be in front .

Look more carefully at the video of the athlete and more specifically at the direction his knees (and by extension his feet) are pointing. There is an angle of almost 90 degrees between these directions, whereas your knees were pointing in roughly the same direction. Now I could be wrong in this, but it seems that the athlete in the instruction video is bending towards one of his legs (the one pointing towards the right) and not right in between his feet (which would be at an angle of 45 degrees).