This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout Scheduler

Started by Cory Fair, March 19, 2013 · 17 Replies · 38 Views

Cory Fair

I've gotten the majority of the coding done towards the scheduler. Right now, we have two options for delivery:

 

1) Having the schedule build out for the entire 12-week cycle within the course so the member can print it

 

Pro: Can see whole cycle. Easier for the user to see where to start for week 5 or 9 if needed.

Con: User will need to input the progressions again each cycle.

 

2) Weekly email on the day of their choice with the specific workout for that 7-day period

 

Pro: The email system allows us to put in additional tips, reminders, announcements, etc

Con: The user needs access to email each week

 

With both, the member will do an initial configuration to tell use where they are in mastery. From then, the system will assume they will stay on the same track until they change their configuration. 

 

The largest benefit of this system is that we can easily track activity and progression of any member through the course. This would be of particular interest to Nic with clients or those upgrading from course study to online coaching. We can also start filling in behavior-based follow up or motivational emails. My goal is to make this feel as much hand-over-hand as possible through a completely automated system. This makes it even more difficult for competitors to try and replicate products.

Nic Branson

Awesome Cory the added benefit of the second option for tips etc will be very beneficial.

 

How is the tracking stored? Assuming easy to access and read?

Cole Dano

Why not both?

 

e.g. email the full 12 week cycle before the first week

 

Then mail the Weeklies, this gives an overview early and an easier to look at format for going to the gym.

 

Plus more opportunities for tips etc.

Nic Branson

I read it as the user would have the option of either or.

Definitely both if we can.

Cole Dano

I'm actually thinking that they just get both, of course I'm assuming that this doesn't actually mean twice as much work for Cory.

 

If that were the case, personally I'd want the weekly, but I think I'm the odd man out (again) seems like most people on the forum are wanting the 12 week.

Cory Fair

It is not possible to do both from a single configuration pane. 

Nic Branson

I would want weekly also, but it seems we have a fair amount of squeaky wheels without semi regular internet access.

Nic Branson
Cory Fair said:

Both is not possible.

Gotcha.

I would say weekly then. Information integrity, the ability to add on things to the email. Also keeps people from looking to far ahead and keeps them focused on what they need to be doing right now.

Too many people are looking at 6 months from where they are and wasting time instead of getting things done.

Cory Fair

Weekly is my personal preference as well for those reasons.

I don't see it as that absurd to ask to check email once a week. If someone truly has no Internet at all for extended times, I think they've hit they point where the additional work belongs to them instead of us.

Cory Fair

The other advantage of emails is that it allows more behavior-based automation. For example allowing them to come back and rate how their workout felt. We can track that and after so many bad workouts we can automatically send additional tips for a given progression or an upsell to online coaching or anything we can imagine.

Cole Dano

I'm going to vote weekly as well. I also believe it will be the more useful of the two during the workouts.

Nic Branson

For the integration with OLC the weekly is almost a must in my mind from that aspect.

Coach Sommer

I prefer weekly also.  

 

Very few people are going to be able to run with an uninterrupted 12 week cycle.

Cole Dano

yep!

Cory Fair

I will go with the weekly track. Aside from the workout itself, do we want to include anything else such as the coaching tips or a single picture reminder of each progression?

Coach Sommer

No. Let's keep them in the habit of referring back to the courses as needed.

Cory Fair

250 users so far of the tool. As Coach and I discussed yesterday, this will be an excellent opportunity for us to gather data on our members to further hone in on their current needs. I'll do some statistical crunching once we hit 500 users in a week or two.

Coach Sommer

:icon_cool: