This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS final progression

Started by thecolin, March 19, 2013 · 11 Replies · 408 Views

thecolin

I'm wondering, does anyone know what the final progression is for SLS? Is it simply to be able to a full ROM pistol squat? Or does the foundation series also lead into doing jumping/explosive single leg movements?

gohei_

It would be really nice if it went explosive since box jumps is a really fun exercise.

Cole Dano

Too bad this is the F1 forum, answers to your F4 questions will be found on the F4 forum. ;)

thecolin
Cole Dano said:

Too bad this is the F1 forum answers to your F4 questions will be found on the F4 forum. ;)

Since that forum is closed, I guess you're saying it's a secret?  :ph34r:

-MR

No, it seems pretty clear that he's being nice and hinting that jumping single leg squats are going to be introduced in F4.

Cannister
-MR said:

No, it seems pretty clear that he's being nice and hinting that jumping single leg squats are going to be introduced in F4.

 

Or rather that the final SLS progression is in the final Foundation course - F4 - and therefore to know the answer to this question one would need to buy and read F4.

-MR
Cannister said:

Or rather that the final SLS progression is in the final Foundation course - F4 - and therefore to know the answer to this question one would need to buy and read F4.

Looking at Cole's response again and the original post, I have to admit I interpreted that wrong. Cole doesn't actually give any hints at all :)

 

I was probably blinded by my own bias, knowing how much easier a single leg squat is compared to the other end-elements in the foundation series (at least for me). There's also the fact that we already move from preparatory SLS elements to specific SLS elements in F1 which doesn't happen for any of the other movements. Coach Sommer has also previously documented that he likes to progress from the regular single leg squat to a jumping SLS for distance, followed by a jumping SLS for height, followed by a jumping SLS for distance and height.

 

Given all of these factors, I still think it is very likely that jumping single leg squats will make their way into the foundation series at least by the time we're on F4, but it's still just conjecture at this time.

 

Sorry for the confusion.

 

M

Cory Fair

Final SLS work is not from BtGB and thus is unknowable. 

Joshua Slocum
Cory Fair said:

Final SLS work is not from BtGB and thus is unknowable. 

 

If it is unknowable, how are we supposed to learn it? Does Foundation 3 cover how to circumvent logical paradoxes? 

George Launchbury
Hari_Seldon said:

Does Foundation 3 cover how to circumvent logical paradoxes? 

 

Unfortunately I had a mouthful of tea when I read that... :)

 

If it does, we'll be able to circumvent them standing on one leg (and with both arms behind your back if you have H1) !!!

Cole Dano

George I need to move that post to H1, but it's about F1-4 too, help logical paradox!

George Launchbury

:)

 

It could be moved to both, with the conflicting parts redacted !?

 

(Perhaps also the Nutrition section, with all but the tea comment disguised)