This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Continuing muscle ups into F1

Started by rynski, March 19, 2013 · 2 Replies · 219 Views

rynski

Hey guys,

 

Firstly i'd just like to express how graetful I am to have access to this forum, i've learnt more here in the last couple of months than I have in my last 3 years of training. I hope that one day I can help people here the same way all of your information has helped me.

 

I've just started Foundation One & currently in my second week of PE1 for everything. I thought i'd start right at the beginning as i've never really entertained proper mobility work before & there are already certain exercises where i'm as stiff as a board.

 

My last few years of training has mainly been pull up, push up & squat orientated, & i've become quite  physically strong in these areas. Over the last 3 months, i've learnt how to do a strict muscle up (no kip, pike) on the rings with a rough 2 second time frame for each transition (2 second pull, 2 second transition, 2 second dip to support) 

 

Now my question is, should I still incorporate this into my workouts? Or should I hang on, take everything in proper stride, & wait until it comes up in the later foundation series? 

 

I'm on a 6 day schedule (3 days F1 - all exercises PE1 & 3 days H1 - all exercises PE1)

 

I'm sure this is probably an individual thing that I should decide for myself, but I would love to see what you guys think.

 

Thanks,

Ryan

Joshua Naterman

Personally, I'd include one or two muscle ups into warm up every training day that you do RC and FL. They are on the same day.

 

It doesn't take much to keep what you have built, you'll be getting PLENTY of strength training with the F1 exercises, and that will more than make up for any drop in MU volume.

rynski

Yeah I get you, thanks Josh. I'll start bringing these in as you say. 

 

Just on a side note, i've been modifying my workout nutrition a little with your recommendations, & i've already noticed an improvement in energy levels and day-to-day performance. It's amazing how proper carbohydrate intake around training can influence these recovery factors quite dramatically. I use to rely too solely on fats around training, so this has made a huge difference, thanks for taking the time to write this up.

 

Ryan