Hi all,
I like many others are following the WOD's and whilst I wouldn't consider myself weak or strong, I certainly feel a tenderness in my muscles often the next day after the WOD and continuing into the day after! I mean I have read on the internet about DOMS and it seems that the cause is inconclusive; so how exactly does everyone guage whether they are ready for a workout or not? But since this is at the beginning of a cycle/ perceived overload maybe this is just natural and as you adapt it goes off. But in the short term if you train too frequently and don't allow appropriate adaptation occur the benefits of supercompensation may not be occuring which is the worry. Maybe the use of post workout nutrition such as whey protein will help enhance recovery.
Coach, do you have recommendations for your own athletes. Say they are at the beginning of a new cycle and are fairly beginner-ish and are training 4 days a week do you simply have them complete the work and find that they keep adapting throughout the cycle or do you have them lay off the work slightly?
Thanks.