This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GB Business Goals

Started by Cole Dano, March 17, 2013 · 2 Replies · 12 Views

Cole Dano

From Coach Sommer

 

 

GB business goals I would like to strive for over the next 4 years:

 

- Find our marketing "identity"/look which reflects the quality of our products and community while still being edgy and provocative (Cory please share some links of parkour examples we looked at yesterday)

 

- Within 18 months have grown to the point that we can bring a CEO on board who's specialty is the growth of internet companies.  Cory and I discussed yesterday that perhaps it would best to begin the search for this individual within the GB community itself.

 

USA Gymnastics began using CEOs, with no gymnastics experience no less, some years back and the resultant growth has been tremendous.

 

I will of course remain on board as President; cranking out products and ensuring that GB stays true to the vision I have for it.  However I firmly believe that like gymnastics, business has its own specialty language and skill set which must be mastered and implemented to achieve a maximum outcome.

 

Make no mistake, gentlemen - we are in this to win.

 

I have a friend who started his business from scratch as a one man operation and over the course of 10-12 years grew it to a $300M/year company with almost 3K employees.  Yet his company is run by a core group of seven executives somewhat similiar to the structure I have outlined below.

 

Forecasted GB Executive Structure:

President - myself

Vice President - Adela

CEO - ???

CTO - Cory

Online education - Nic (needs a cooler title)

Seminar Development - Cole

(Cole does not get a cooler title as he neglected to show me the pink elephants last time I was in Helsinki!   :) )

Physical products - ???

CFO - ???

 

- Become a main sponsor of USA Gymnastics 12-18 months prior to the Rio Olympics.  I have already begun preliminary conversations regarding this with the US Olympic Coach and the head of the USA Gymnastics Mens Program.  This would garner GB exposure to a world wide audience at a time when interest in GST will be at its peak.

Cole Dano

I protest the lack of cooler title!

Coach Sommer

Karma.   ;)