Injury question

Started by MrPuppeh, March 17, 2013 · 7 Replies · 2,435 Views

MrPuppeh

Hey !

 

I was reading some posts about that if you have an injury then you should work around the injury.

 

But IF the injury doesn't hurt at all when doing a low impact exercise? 

 

For example: I have a forearm injury a forearm splint  ( but It could be tendonitis cuz it has been 3 weeks now and it has not improved that much )  If I do planche leans then it hurts when i let go. But if i do planks then it doesn't hurt. 

 

Im kinda clueless here if im gona speed up the healing by doing exercises that dont hurt or Letting Completely go for a week or 2 ?

The question is also - How does the body respond in injury healing when you completely let go and dont touch or move the injured place or when you do light load on it ?

 

I have already been to a doctor - and she told me that this isnt my sport and i should just go swimming on jogging and i will get super strong and healthy... 

I am really dissapointed here because she gave me 0 help with treatment.

I cant let go of this sport - This is a big part of my life..

 

I will try to gently massage the forearms and add ice after the massage and see how it goes for the week. If nothing improoves ill just find a physiotherapist and ask his help.

FredInChina

At some moment you'll have to stop testing what hurts and what doesn't for some time to give it a chance to heal... :wacko:

MrPuppeh
FredInChina said:

At some moment you'll have to stop testing what hurts and what doesn't for some time to give it a chance to heal... :wacko:

Well im not testing anymore. I can move ma hands freely with no pain or anything , no limited range of motion, no redness. It only Hurts when I let go after pressing my full hand ( fingers also ) on a wall or desk or ground ( planche leans are a good example ) 

 

I just think that there might be someone who has experienced this and might help. And there is also the fact that tendonitis appears at the joint areas but my pain is in the middle of the forearms... 

 

Ehh... Why couldnt i just catch a cold - which is very easy to treat...

FredInChina
MrPuppeh said:

(...) It only Hurts when I let go after pressing my full hand ( fingers also ) on a wall or desk or ground ( planche leans are a good example ) 

 

(...) tendonitis appears at the joint areas but my pain is in the middle of the forearms...

 

That's testing it, stop doing that! In fact, stop doing anything that stresses your fingers, hand, wrist, forearm, or elbow for 10 days, at least!

 

You have another thread where you suspect forearm splints, am I right? Why don't you see a doc for a precise diagnostic?

Have you done any of the exercises suggested?

Have you got a rice bucket yet? (it's been 25 days)

 

This community can only help you so much; you also have to do your part! :)

MrPuppeh
FredInChina said:

That's testing it, stop doing that! In fact, stop doing anything that stresses your fingers, hand, wrist, forearm, or elbow for 10 days, at least!

 

You have another thread where you suspect forearm splints, am I right? Why don't you see a doc for a precise diagnostic?

Have you done any of the exercises suggested?

Have you got a rice bucket yet? (it's been 25 days)

 

This community can only help you so much; you also have to do your part! :)

Yep that was my post and yep i have the rice bucket (and im using it) But I dont think it has helped much. But i will continue to use the rice bucket.

 

Ok, you got me on this one :)

I need to get it properly diagnosed and i will 

 

Thanks Fred ! 

FredInChina

In this thread https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10624-how-to-stay-motivated-when-injured/ you explain that it is an overuse injury, that you were doing handstands unprepared.

 

Good you have a rice bucket: every day 3x10 minutes both arms @ little to very moderate effort until there is zero residual pain in the forearm for a full week (keep a journal).

When you are there, count the days between injury (Feb 22nd) and that day, and keep doing the 3x10 min rice bucket for the same number of days

 

If after that there is still no pain, maybe it is safe to start prehabbing your wrists & forearms.

mmm

In addition to being my neighbor here in the Far East, Fred is on point here. While great, family docs aren't always the best folks for sports injuries. Trust me... if youre having a heart attack, as a paramedic I might be one of the best trained people in the world for your condition, but ask me about that red splotchy rash you've got and my advice will be sheer and utter crap. Well intentioned, maybe more educated than your own opinion, but ultimately useless. You need to see a practitioner who knows sports injuries and can run a proper series of diagnostic tests.

Secondly, I will add that while not always the case, often the biggest mistake we make when seeking to heal is rushing the process. We follow a treatment as prescribed. We feel better and think, "Sweet, I feel better. No more need for that treatment!" We stop the treatment (and this includes rest) because we think the problem has passed. Treatment stops: healing stops.

Return to Start. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

In your case, feeling better isn't a reason to stop rest. Feeling better is THE reason to continue rest.

Find a doc qualified for this condition. Follow their prescription. Recognize that patience is one of the most important qualities of successful athletes. Become excellent tomorrow by being patient today.

FredInChina

It is good to have a neighbor proficient to restart my heart... ;)

Where are you located mmm? :)