Should I be concerned if my joints crack while performing wrist prep and shoulder prehab/mobility? I find that even with the earliest elements for both wrist prep and shoulder mobility I experience some cracking in the joints. For instance, when performing FKP of any intensity my knuckles occasionally crack. As for my shoulders, many things can cause them to crack: any sort of dislocate, front raises, lateral raises. These crackings are not painful, I was just wondering if it's something I should be concerned about and if it will go away as my mobility improves.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Joints Cracking
Started by Tyler Gibson, March 16, 2013 · 5 Replies · 330 Views
I'm crackin' all over the place aswell, without pain, already got used to it but I do hope that it will go away over time
I don't remember what I took away from the article, being I read it years ago, but a quality read from Steven Low aka Braindx: http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/03/cracking-and-popping-and-clicking-oh-my/
Typically if nothing hurts, there's no swelling, no bruising... then crack away.
Yeah generally my protocol is that if I'm pain free, I don't worry too much about it.
Over time, as you get a feel for the movements, the dislocates should stop causing cracking.
I have found that mine has gone away as I have learned to actively elevate the scapulae. I didn't have much cracking to begin with, though.