This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Questions about SLS prep and HaS

Started by Mark Bernacchi, March 16, 2013 · 3 Replies · 204 Views

Mark Bernacchi

Hey guys, I just have two quick questions:

I have bad knees from a ACL tear awhile ago, and then doing too much work recently. I have the strength and mobility for all of the F1 SLS progressions and can do a few SLS too. Because I want to strengthen my knees more than anything else and not push them I started with PE1 on week 9 and am in the middle of week 12 right now and I can definitely tell my knees are feeling better. My plan is to just do weeks 9-12 of each element provided that my knees continue to feel well. This sound like a good plan? Or would anyone recommend a different approach?

My other question is why do the Hawaiian squats stop with parallel thighs instead of going butt to ankle? I understand that this level of hip mobility would be difficult for many to achieve, but since I have no problem going that deep is there any reason I shouldn't once I get to that element?

Mark Bernacchi

I just wanted to bump this before it gets lost. And maybe I didn't something wrong with the posting? 2 days later it shows 0 views.

chobbs

Looks like it has 76 views at the moment. The post was probably moved into the proper place in the Foundation One sub-forum and you are likely looking at it wherever you initially made the post, so it shows 0 views.

 

Regarding your question ... do you have mastery of all of the iM elements that go along with the PE and SE SLS progressions? If not then I think your plan is okay as long as you can hit mastery for those portions within a 4 week cycle, otherwise it may need to be extended. If you do have mastery of the iM elements already as well then I think it is fine but you may be better off going with whatever F2 has in it when it gets launched and simply adding the F1 iM elements you find help your knees as part of your warm-up.

 

- Chris

Hercules
Mark Bernacchi said:

Hey guys, I just have two quick questions:

I have bad knees from a ACL tear awhile ago, and then doing too much work recently. I have the strength and mobility for all of the F1 SLS progressions and can do a few SLS too. Because I want to strengthen my knees more than anything else and not push them I started with PE1 on week 9 and am in the middle of week 12 right now and I can definitely tell my knees are feeling better. My plan is to just do weeks 9-12 of each element provided that my knees continue to feel well. This sound like a good plan? Or would anyone recommend a different approach?

My other question is why do the Hawaiian squats stop with parallel thighs instead of going butt to ankle? I understand that this level of hip mobility would be difficult for many to achieve, but since I have no problem going that deep is there any reason I shouldn't once I get to that element?

I'm doing the same (going through 9 - 12 of all SLS PE). The tissues around my knees definitely feel denser and thicker now. 

 

Don't know about the HaS. I would say go as deep as you can provided you can keep good form (knees and toes aligned, weight on heel).