Are there any benefits in doing hollow back presses with the fingers facing back over fingers forward? Like would it transfer over more to the rings version than fingers forward? What different muscles may be recruited with different hand placements?
My first hollow back presses were done with the fingers back and I recently found out that I had enough wrist flexibility for the fingers forward one and could do those too. I do feel more stable with fingers forward and the bottom part of the press is slightly easier too whereas I need greater control and balance with fingers back.
I know that it is best to train on rings if I want rings HBP, but would floor HBP with fingers back act as an intermediate step or a step above fingers forward?
I also have the same questions as above for planche push-ups on floor. I know that there will be more stress on the biceps tendon and inner elbows for the planche itself with fingers back, but I am just asking about the push-up motion itself. I remember Ashita saying that planche push-ups with fingers back puts more tension on the chest like rings planche push-ups than with other hand placements.