This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Repeating a Week (as needed)

Started by Sven Ravnstag, March 15, 2013 · 3 Replies · 257 Views

Sven Ravnstag

I've heard talk about repeating a week in the cycle if you don't hit the goals or aren't confident in your ability to reproduce the performance.  Is there a recommended way to go about this and still keep your deload weeks synced up?

 

Say you're on Week 6 of a cycle and feel you need more work there.  You'd repeat week 6 again during week 7, then deload week 8 (along with all your other work).  When you start again, do you go straight back to week 6 (for the move in question and hang out there until your other moves reach the corrosponding point in the next 4 week cycle (in this case, week 10), then move on to week 7 what is week 11 for the moves in which you progressed?

 
Nic Branson

If you do not need to keep repeating week six then move on, do week seven then if you can week nine before. If you were really struggling the extra time spent at week 7 would likely do you good, so that is an option. It is not cut and dry there is room for personal needs.

Michael Taylor

Here's what I did.

My RC/Pe2 stalled at week 9. I completed the rest of this week, attempting the reps again to ensure I had not just hit an off day.

The next week I dropped to week 6 reps and then carried on with that micro cycle as if that was where I had started

This allowed me to rebuild on a move that 'wasn't quite there' whilst keeping all my deload weeks in line. It avoids pushing through and stagnating an exercise, and I am hoping that I wil be able to continue through the rest if the 12 week progression now

Nic Branson

That is one of the most ideal approaches. Recover and rebuild. Nicely done!