1st clip is a regular L
2nd is the advanced L, trying to push my hips forward and flatten the back
Am I doing them correctly? I can hold the regular L for ~30s. Am I ready to move onto the "advanced" L-sit?
Started by Jono, March 15, 2013 · 4 Replies · 1,499 Views
1st clip is a regular L
2nd is the advanced L, trying to push my hips forward and flatten the back
Am I doing them correctly? I can hold the regular L for ~30s. Am I ready to move onto the "advanced" L-sit?
The regular L looks fine to me. Don't forget to breathe though, and are you sure you can hold it for 30s with good form?
The advanced L... needs some work. You lean backwards in order to get your hips to the front. For me, the cue is to try and push your entire torso to the front, not just the hips. So try to retract the shoulderblades as well.
I'm not an expert at all
, but I used to do advanced L on the parallettes before my BtGB-hiatus and that's how it felt to me.
Thanks. I'll try to push my whole body forward without leaning bacl next time. Seeing as I've never tried the advanced L before, I wasn't expecting to get it right. I'll add some practise holds in after my regular L holds from now on. I think it's much easier to do on parallettes though.
Yeah, I can hold it for quite some time... mainly because at one point all I knew was to train endurance. I focused on it quite a lot. The hold in the video didn't feel that hard at all (~10s).
Okay, maybe it looks a little strained because you're not breathing much (or so it seems). Anyway, I'd be interested to see if the advanced L works better if you also actively try to push the chest to the front, together with the hips. If you make sure that you do this, and you keep your legs parallel to the floor, your back will flatten automatically.
Sure there's a difference between L on the floor and L on parallettes but it's not as big as you might think (unless you allow your body to sag on the parallettes of course).
I'll try it next workout! Thanks for the cues. I think they'll be really helpful
because earlier on I couldn't "think" of what to do to get into the correct position.
The hold in the video was after a workout.
But even when I hold it for 30s, I find it hard to breathe and stay "tight". I need to work on it for sure. In fact, when I do a longer hold next time, I'll make sure to record it from the side view. I have a video doing 41s, but it's from the front view. I'm pretty sure I was doing the same form as this video though.
As for the parallettes vs floor thing; I think you're right. Although too many times I see people sagging while using the parallettes on L-sits. Though yeah, if the form is equally as good, it should be the same.