I was able also to add some of my static holds. I am deloading the holds M-W-F as a warmup. It seems to be working out but the 2nd week is a bigger week so will see how that goes. Gotta love the SLW.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
1st week of f1 is done
Started by m6shifter, March 15, 2013 · 15 Replies · 636 Views
just finished the 4th week which is deload week. I did the full IM'S through the week. Is this the proper procedure for IM'S or are we supposed to deload the IM'S also.
nono, this is correct; you do the full iM & half the PE/SE during deload. ![]()
Make sure you also "deload" (do half) of all other exercises you may be doing concurrently, except maybe the prehab work) if it is not too strenuous.
I have been doing my other exercises deloaded 90% of the time. The ring static holds seem to be going well and are just something I need to maintain because I enjoy them. We will see how week 4-8 goes with f1 and the ring static holds as it gets more intense.
week 5 starts tomorrow. I am glad I started at week 1 instead of 5 because I have got the pace of each movement that I want to do it at down now. This will definately be 18 months till F2. Glad I purchased F1. I just hope I am patient with this workout for that long of a time.
FredInChina said:nono, this is correct; you do the full iM & half the PE/SE during deload.
Make sure you also "deload" (do half) of all other exercises you may be doing concurrently, except maybe the prehab work) if it is not too strenuous.
I am not following this advice for the Twisting Squats iM. The reason is that I found them to be far more difficult than the PE itself, and doing 50 twisting squats is not my idea of a deload week.
thats 5 months away for me. Yes they are not easy. Thru the 12 week period should you be building up to that 5x10 though. Will you be just doing 5x5 then. Just wondering how you plan on breaking just that 1 down. Balance during the twist is the problem for me so I have tried them. Glad you brought this up in this thread so I am aware of the difficulty of this exercise. Its an exercise I never would have thought of.
m6shifter said:thats 5 months away for me. Yes they are not easy. Thru the 12 week period should you be building up to that 5x10 though. Will you be just doing 5x5 then. Just wondering how you plan on breaking just that 1 down. Balance during the twist is the problem for me so I have tried them. Glad you brought this up in this thread so I am aware of the difficulty of this exercise. Its an exercise I never would have thought of.
I am not clear on what you are asking. If you are capable of doing the full 10 reps over N number of sets then you should be doing that during your training and deload weeks according to the text. I was unable to do this at the start, but build up the strength over 2 or 3 training sessions. For my deload week I did 6 reps of Twisting squats, so yes, I cut the number significantly.
next week is week 8 deload yeahhhhhhhhhh. ![]()
m6shifter said:next week is week 8 deload yeahhhhhhhhhh.
Wait till you're on your last session of wk 11 ![]()
Enjoy a well-earned deload~
no extra work for those 3 weeks thats foresure. Week 7 was tough.
m6shifter said:no extra work for those 3 weeks thats foresure. Week 7 was tough.
Don't worry, with a deload you will bounce back! By the end of week 8 you'll be raring to go again ![]()
week 11 is finished yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
deload week 12 cant wait to start pe2's in 2 weeks. This was a tough week like I knew it would be. It seemed like a major cardio week to me. Love 5 sets of deck squats.
Any advice from the pros for pe2's
Not a pro but here's my advice. Post form check videos for all PE and IM. Remember you have to prove mastery of these elements and so it may be that you need to do micro cycles until mastery is truly achieved
Not a pro either, but for the most part, the PE2's are logical extensions of the PE1's-- arch body and bent hollow rocks, etc, one step up. Be strict about applying the lessons you learnt to keep perfect form from PE1, then adding the rock (or whatever). You may also find that you can test through some PE2's straight away if you spent some quality time with PE1's, but see how you feel.
I feel I did a quality job with pe1 exercises. Did I have mastery of all of them . To me yes to someone watching me do it. Maybe not . 5th set of SLS/PE1 I had a few step backs with feet. And maybe my legs lowered the last seconds of ABH of the 5th set. So I am not going to be a professional gymnast so I think I did very well at this so I am moving on.
Every movement was under control. I'm happy with the outcome of the first 12 weeks. To me a foundation is definately developing that's forsure.
I am going to be sticking with PE1'S in warmups now. Well in 2 weeks lol ![]()