This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to combine F1/H1 schedule with 2-3 short conditioning sessions?

Started by julien, March 15, 2013 · 9 Replies · 616 Views

julien
Hello everybody,

 

I've finally settled on a schedule for F1/H1 that works for me: the 4 days F1 schedule with H1 dropped in on Wed and Sat, or in details:

Mon: F1 - FL/sPL/HBP/RC

Tue: F1 - Mn/SL/SLS

Wed: H1

Thu: F1 - FL/sPL/HBP/RC

Fri: F1 - Mn/SL/SLS

Sat: H1

 

Now, I want to add in this schedule 2-3 short but intense conditioning workouts. On average 10-15 mins of high intensity, sprinting or full-body workout. For example, this could be:

- Tabata burpees x 2 = 8 mins of continuous Tabata burpees

- hill sprinting for 15 mins

- race to 100 burpees

- 50 m sprints then back in bear crawl, as many rounds as possible for 10-15 mins

- etc.

 

I'm aiming at doing at least 2 of these, and max 3 per week, and these would be done late afternoon whereas my F1/H1 session is early morning.

 

My issue is that I'm not sure how I should ideally schedule these in the context of my F1/H1 schedule. The 2 main possibilities I see is to put these sessions on:

1) Tue and Fri, same day as my second part of F1

2) Wed and Sat, same day as my H1

 

I'm not that certain of how the schedule is designed however, and I don't want to mess-up the week-end recovery or any other parameters that I may have missed.

 

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears :-)

 

Many thanks!

 

- Julien
FredInChina

I would do all the above on Tuesdays and Fridays because H1 is skill, and you can rest on those days.

I would definitely do the sprints on Tuesdays & Fridays, just after the F1 work because it would save a lot of warming up time. (careful here, you'll still need additional warm up before sprinting)

 

If that is too much together, Anything on your list can also be done after H1, but on Wednesdays you'll need to make sure you can recover on time for F1 the next day. :)

Primalisten

Hi! My first post here, and I'll chime in here and ask for some clarification about the integration of H1 into a F1 routine. 

 

I bought F1 yesterday, and I consider buying and starting H1 while I'm at it. But before I spend another $95, let me ask you this.

 

I can't spend more than 3 - 4 days / week at training, so can I safely insert the H1 training right into the F1 schedule? 
I was thinking:

* Mon/Thu: FL/sPL/HBP/RC

* Tue/Fri: Mn/SL/SLS+H1

 

Do you guys (who know anything about the setup in H1) think that would be OK? or do you think that the H1 training might interfere with my Tue/Fri performance? 

Michael Taylor

That is the exact spilt I use

H1 is more skill based so shouldn't interfere with (and will in fact compliment), your F1 sessions

Joshua Slocum
Primalisten said:

Hi! My first post here, and I'll chime in here and ask for some clarification about the integration of H1 into a F1 routine. 

 

I bought F1 yesterday, and I consider buying and starting H1 while I'm at it. But before I spend another $95, let me ask you this.

 

I can't spend more than 3 - 4 days / week at training, so can I safely insert the H1 training right into the F1 schedule? 

I was thinking:

* Mon/Thu: FL/sPL/HBP/RC

* Tue/Fri: Mn/SL/SLS+H1

 

Do you guys (who know anything about the setup in H1) think that would be OK? or do you think that the H1 training might interfere with my Tue/Fri performance? 

 

H1 actually comes with combined H1/F1 schedules. 

 

Also keep in mind that you can get your money back if you buy it and realize it doesn't really work for you, so it's a low-risk purchase if you're sure you'd like to train H1 and just aren't sure you have the time. 

-MR

I follow every one of my F1 workouts (Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri) with H1. The H1 series seems to be much more about mobility and prehab at the lower levels so it can easily be tacked on to F1. It only adds about 10 minutes to my workout, so that my total workout time never goes beyond 35 minutes.

Primalisten

Done and done, I now own H1 as well :-)

I'll do like -MR, and add H1 after every F1 workout, or at least after every other. The F1 program come in first hand.

I noticed that H1 come with integrated programing, but that assume I can practice 5 days/week, which is normally not realistic for me.

Thanks for your answers!

Joshua Slocum

Might be a good idea to do H1 before F1.

Primalisten

Hari, you don't think that would make my shoulders tiered which may make me weaker when it's time for the F1 workouts?

Coach Sommer

- My preference would be to place H1 in front of F1 as well.

 

- If you are feeling additional fatigue from this, imagine how much greater your fatigue will be attempting HS work after F1!

 

For the most part, unless you are already a highly trained athlete, you will be better served placing skill work in front of strength work.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer