Balandin 3

Started by B1214N, March 14, 2013 · 11 Replies · 4,402 Views

B1214N

Here's a video of Aleksandr Balandin's new element and his new routine. The new element is at 0:27.

 

ausswe

Butterfly pull to Maltese to planche?

Joshua Slocum

To be honest I'm surprised that no one has done this before. It seems like low hanging fruit. "Oh, there's a butterfly pull to cross, inverted cross, and maltese. I wonder what else you could do with that..."

kalel

how do u call this move ( at 12 sec ), from hang to ic?

 

ty.

Andreas

That move is called Balandin 2.

B1214N
Hari_Seldon said:

To be honest I'm surprised that no one has done this before. It seems like low hanging fruit. "Oh, there's a butterfly pull to cross, inverted cross, and maltese. I wonder what else you could do with that..."

I heard of this being done before by another gymnast, but I guess he didn't register it at Worlds or Olympics.

Gssj3

Chen yibing did something similar in this old competition. The only difference is that he holds a little more the maltese.

seiyafan

Chen did that back in 08, but it is interesting to see that very few gymnasts do butterfly pull in the last 3-4 years. 

Joshua Slocum
seiyafan said:

Chen did that back in 08, but it is interesting to see that very few gymnasts do butterfly pull in the last 3-4 years. 

 

They are commonly considered to be very hard for their difficulty categories. Why do a butterfly to cross when there are other skills worth the same amount of points? 

 

There's also the issue that butterfly skills are harder to do in the middle of a routine, since it starts from a dead hang, and very few movements end that way. Whereas for example a Nakayama (bounce from back-lever to cross) follows quite naturally from a planche or maltese. 

Klaudius Petrulis

My shoulders popped out of their sockets just by watching these videos.

irongymnast

Balandin has the best butterfly pull I've seen.

alec_ar

Thank you for sharing the vid :-) I've always wanted to see Yibing's butterfly. That was the cleanest, strongest one ive seen.

Dude's strong.