Quick question about bulgarian pushups

Started by Mr E, January 9, 2009 · 2 Replies · 3,635 Views

Mr E

I've been filming everything I do for the sake of correcting and improving my form and noticed today that when I do bulgarian push ups my arms nearly reach full extension at the bottom with little bend at the elbow as I lift and lower. My question is should I aim to bend my elbows earlier in the descent or is it ok to continue the way I'm doing them? I'm guessing that the straighter the arms, the harder the movement, but I could be wrong in this case.

matthew.percussion

Like a ring fly with bent arms?

Coach Sommer

If your arms are nearly straight, your movement is closer to a straight arm fly than a Bulgarian pushup. During the bottom position of the Bulgarian pushup you should have a 90 degree angle in the elbows.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer