This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bruised Biceps Tendon

Started by Johann Wimmer, March 13, 2013 · 2 Replies · 26 Views

Johann Wimmer

Hello GB,

 

yesterday I noticed bruising on the lower edge of my right biceps:

Pronated:

post-578-0-44221200-1363199738_thumb.jpg

Supinated:

post-578-0-67590700-1363199743_thumb.jpg

I don't experience any pain, except some slight discomfort after touching and probing around on the spot.

 

I'm currently following F1 with the 5 Day Template, combined with H1 on Tuesday and Thursday. I think I overdid it with RC/PE1; I incorrectly performed the movement with my butt firmly planted on the floor until week 12. After I realized my error, I figured I should repeat the circle using correct form - but I underestimated the added difficulty and started at week 9. I successfully performed all 4 sets, but the last reps were more than ugly.

So today I dropped down to week 5 and carefully examined if there is any pain - There wasn't, but I'm worried that if I continue my training that I will eventually hurt myself badly  :unsure:

 

My question: What is the best approach for my arm? Should I drop all movements that stress the biceps (like Rows and Pushups) or should I continue as long as there is no pain during training?

 

 

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

the bruise indicates that there is some damage in the area. i got one of it 2 years ago in my left triceps due to repetitive load on that section (sometime is possible get it for a fall over this section) but seems not your case , the problem solved by itself in 2 weeks of rest focusing on other training and only stretching the bodypart with the bruised section, there wasn't real pain...little hurt nothing more.

i don't really know much about it, but in that period my diet was very very under control, i I was not taking enough minerals and vitamin from my diet.

Johann Wimmer

Thanks for your reply! Before I started my session today I decided to swallow the bitter pill and to refrain from RC and HBP Progressions for (at least) the next two weeks. 

 

I have lots and lots of mobility issues to work on in the interim  :blink: